This week I made and posted a framed monogram for a sweet friend and neighbor who I wanted to thank for a favor. It was made in colors she frequently decorates with which I love, but I wanted one for my house that coordinated with my colors…
Now these colors go perfectly in my house and the frame’s artwork resembles some of the flourishes Stampin’ Up! has available in stamps right now.
The frame came from Hobby Lobby and the opening is 4″ x 6″. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Very Vanilla and Mint Macaron Cardstock
- Ink: Mint Macaron, Smoky Slate, Basic Grey
- Stamps: Letters to You, Floral Phrases and Timeless Textures
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Large Letters Alphabet
- The Very Vanilla Cardstock was cut 4″ x 6″. Using the border stamp from Timeless Textures in Smoky Slate stamp around all edges.
- Using Mint Macaron stamp the roses from Floral Phrases in two places.
- Use Smoky Slate and Basic Gray with the checked border in a couple of places, the cup bottom circles, polka dots and flourishes in a couple of corners.
- Add some splatters to the center of piece in Mint Macaron and Smoky Slate.
- Cut four “M”s from Mint Macaron cardstock. Stamp the the letter in Mint Macaron on Mint Macaron cardstock and set aside. Glue the other four “M”s together with multipurpose glue and add the stamped M on top.
- Place stamped background inside frame and glue the stacked “M”s to the glass outside the frame with multipurpose glue.
- This frame did have room for any dimension in the artwork so the stacked letters were placed outside. Works fine for me!
We all make tons of cards and I find it refreshing to work on home décor pieces to decorate my home or give as gifts.
Hope you are planning a wonderful and hopefully cooler weekend.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
A belt? Who heard of such a thing?
Get yourself inky…and Be HaPpY!