Lots of Valentine stamping has been going on at Rambling Rose Studios…my mind has been spinning at almost an uncontrollable pace with ideas that can’t be made fast enough. Today’s post is a home décor piece that would definitely fit for Valentines or maybe a wedding shower or anniversary…
and here’s a close up of the deminsion created with the flower thinlets…
Before you ask…the frame was $16.99 less 40% at Hobby Lobby and the entire frame looks like this…
The back side is a chalk board which would be handy on a shower table for messages. Then the whole frame could be a gift. The frame size is 8 x 10 but the matted opening is 5 x 7.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you
- Paper: Pool Party, Mossy Meadow, Watermelon Wonder, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White Cardstock plus two hearts from this month’s Paper Pumpkin and the background is Neutrals Designer Series Pack
- Ink: Watermelon Wonder and Pool Party
- Stamps: none
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Botanical Blooms Thinlets Dies, 1 1/4″ Watermelon Wonder Ribbon, Linen Thread
- The background DSP was cut 8 x 10. The Watermelon Wonder heart and grey strip heart were attached with adhesive slightly skewed so you would see both colors and then to the background with adhesive.
- Punch out a bunch of flowers in all three colors and sponge with ink in same color with a dauber. I put Watermelon Wonder lightly on the Whisper White. Cut lots of leaves of your choice in Mossy Meadow and a lighter green too if you’d like the contrast.
- Start at the top of the right side of the heart with the larger blooms following the curve of the heart. Stack different colors and sizes of blooms and centers with glue dots and dimensionals until you are happy with how your bigger blooms look.
- Now use Tombow glue and get all your leaves where you like them.
- Fill in all around your larger blooms with smaller ones. Quit when you like it!
- Make two small and two larger loops with the ribbon and tie in center with Linen Thread. Add to top left of background with glue dots.
I’m definitely keeping this one, unless I find this frame in white, and bringing it out each February for Valentines and our wedding anniversary which is also in February. Thanks for stopping by this weekend.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me and Be HaPpY!