I may have mentioned a time or two we are expecting a new baby in our family…Well, maybe I’ve mentioned it more than that but we are excited to meet this little guy next month. My first great-grandchild is due March 20th.
Naturally I shared the Woodland themed shower invitations and today I’d like to share a gift box in the same theme made with the Window Box Bundle……….
The new Window Box Bundle is so versatile. Recently I showed you a gift box that looked like this…
and last Friday I shared this box made into a tea light…
and today’s box looks like this…
Made with a woodland them for my g’daughters shower. How different are these three boxes, right?
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this box…
- Paper: Smokey Slate, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Whisper White Cardstock, plus A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack
- Ink: Calypso Coral, Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Foxy Friends
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Window Box Thinlits Dies, Stitched Square Framelits, White Thick Baker’s Twine
- Cut two box sides from Smokey Slate CS. Trim sides tabs from one box side only. Turn the two box sides opposite each other (one top up and one top down). Glue side tab of one box side to the side where you trimmed away a tab.
- Burnish all score lines and begin gluing with multipurpose glue each tab in place. Do not glue tabs of one box top so that you can open your box.
- Cut three Calypso Coral and three Pool Party squares with Stitched Framelit gluing around the box sides. Cut three DSP patterns and another three different patterns with the next smaller Stitched Square Framelit and glue over solid cardstock square around box.
- Cut two box tops from DSP using the box framelit and glue to top of box inside and out. The flags were “fussy cut” from DSP and glued to inside of box top.
- Stamp fox on Whisper White CS with Calypso Coral. I fussy cut the fox and then cut the head away from the body. The body was glued to top of box and the head was placed with dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black and heart in Calypso Coral then cut with framelit. Attach to fox with White Thick Baker’s Twine
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black on a scrap of Thick Whisper White CS. Cut this piece with sentiment 5/8″ x 4-1/4″. Score each side of sentiment and again 1/8″ from first score so that you can make this piece stand up using dimensionals. Tag ends with snips.
- The flags were “fussy cut” from DSP and glued behind sentiment.
I have no idea what will go into this box, but I know my g’daughter will love it.
Tomorrow I’ll share the thank you note cards made to coordinate with the woodland theme…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!