Today’s card was inspired by Julie Bancart and made for a special friend who has moved to Charleston to be close to her first grandson…
and here’s a peek at the inside…
Together we made 90 rehearsal dinner invitations for her son’s wedding and now he is a papa! This card reminded me of those invitations because they were in these colors and had lots of texture.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Very Vanilla and Sahara Sand Cardstock, plus DSP from Going Global Stack
- Ink: Sahara Sand, Soft Suede
- Stamps: Picture Perfect
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Pool Party button and Seam Binding, Linen Thread
- The Very Vanilla base card is 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The first Sahara Sand layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The Very Vanilla layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″, embossed and attached to Sahara Sand layer with adhesive
- The DSP layer is 2 1.2″ x 5 1/4″ tagged at one end attached 1/2″ from left side with adhesive
- The second Sahara Sand layer is 3 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ . Attach a loop of Pool Party Seam Binding at top right side then attach layer to card front with adhesive.
- The top Very Vanilla layer is 3 1/8″ x 4 1/8″ embossed and attached to Sahara Sand layer with adhesive and then to card front with adhesive.
- On a scrap of Very Vanilla, stamp sentiment and trim to 5/8″ x 1 1/2″, tag one end.
- On the same scrap of Very Vanilla two-stamp the starfish in Sahara Sand and Soft Suede then “fussy cut” . Add Gold Wink of Stella. Attach three dimensionals to center back and add to top center of last layer. Add sentiment with glue dots extending to the right. Add Pool Party button with Linen Thread bow to center of starfish with glue dots.
- Inside there is a layer of Sahara Sand 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ with a 3 3/8″ x 4 3/8″ layer of Very Vanilla attached with adhesive. Add two-step Starfish in same colors stamping off each time to achieve a fainter image in the center of Very Vanilla layer.
You can tell from the first photo the envelope is lined with the same DSP as that on the card front. There is also a partial Starfish on the front side of the envelope to hint of the card inside. I think she will really like this card and I imagine even though she loves being close to her new g’son…she may be a little homesick…I know I would be.
My week has been incredibly busy with friends visiting from Florida. And even though the weather was chilly, we stuffed a week’s worth of sightseeing and shopping into two days! It can be done people.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’m pretty sure you already knew this…
I’m inky today…and HaPpY!