It’s Mothers’ Day weekend and hopefully we all have our ducks in a row for this weekend. Is it too early to think about Fathers’ Day in three short weeks? Here’s an idea for you …
It’s a Z-Fold Pop Out card…here’s a pic of it opened…
Slick, right? Something a little different for dear old dad.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Lost Lagoon and Very Vanilla Cardstock plus Going Global DSP
- Ink: Pear Pizazz, Smoky Slate, Baked Brown Sugar and Soft Sky
- Stamps: In the Meadow
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Square Framelits Dies, Woodgrain Embossing Folder
- The Crumb Cake base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″. Inside front of card 4″ x 5 1/4″. Lay on but do not attach inside piece to card front and cut window with framelit. Emboss card front only then attach inside piece with tear tape or glue.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla with same framelit and attach one of the Crumb Cake pieces from card front to back with adhesive.
- Stamp deer on a post it note and cut out being sure to keep some of the sticky on back. Fussy cut for a mask. Stamp deer on Very Vanilla lined piece and cover with mask. Stamp mountains in Smoky Slate. Color tree with Smoky Slate marker and Pear Pizazz marker and stamp. Remove mask.
- With a Aqua Painter or small round brush and water lightly color in deer. Add shadows by brushing across stamp pad for additional color. Use the lid of Soft Sky and color in sky in background lightly.
- The inside Very Vanilla piece if 5 1/4″ x 6 3/8. Score at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″ on the long edge. Fold into a Z. Attach one panel to back inside of card, fold and shut card. Add tear tape to right back side and lay in card front window.
- Punch a 1″ circle and attach to left back side of deer square.
- Stamp sentiment on scrap Very Vanilla and punch (your choice of punch, this one if retired) Punch another in Lost Lagoon and attach to back then to card front with dimensionals.
- Stamp another tree on the inside back panel.
- Cut DSP panel 2″ x 5″ and attach to center panel.
Think I will hold this card back and give to Sweetums next month. My goodness I’ve planned ahead…wonders never cease!
Make your mom feel special if you are lucky enough to still have her with you and I hope your family makes you feel just as wonderful! Have a great weekend and I’ll see you again on Monday!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get yourself inky…Be HaPpY!