Before talking about today’s card…I must tell you today is a milestone for Rambling Rose Studio and me personally because today this is my 300th post! Doin’ a funny happy dance all over the place. How much fun this has been. If you have been with me from the beginning…I hope you have gained inspiration and maybe some smiles along the way.
If you are new to this blog…I hope you stay around a loooooonnng time! We have fun around here…
So back to today’s post and this Flippin’ Snowflake…this was my first chance to play with this thinlit called Snowflake Card Thinlits Die, but since I’ve worked with other flippin’ cards there was no learning curve for me and I had a great time working (?) with this one. Here’s the card…
And the inside too…
You don’t really have to make this card with layers…it can be used on its own with some simple embellishments and a sentiment. But, I love layers! Once you had all the pieces cut, this would be a fairly simple card to put together. I’m planning to make more in different color combinations. I’ll share…
So here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler cardstock plus All Is Calm DSP
- Ink: Memento Black and Cherry Cobbler Blendability Pen
- Stamps: Festival of Trees (sentiment) and Many Merry Stars for envelope
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Snowflake Card Thinlit, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, Cherry Cobbler 1″ Sheer Linen Ribbon, Rhinestones, 1 3/4″ and 1 1/2″ Circle Punch, Scallop Punch
- Cut your base Whisper White cardstock 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and run through Big Shot with the Snowflake Thinlit
- Cut a Cherry Cobber layer the same way and trim the middle fold out with the snowflake.
- Cut a DSP layer out and treat the same as the Cherry Cobbler layer.
- Trim the Cherry Cobbler layers 1/8″ smaller top and bottom and on the non-snowflake side.
- Trim the DSP layers 1/8″ smaller than the Cherry Cobbler layers. top and bottom and on the non-snowflake side
- Adhere to the front and inside of Whisper White card base.
- The get the Cherry Cobbler snowflake, draw the missing lines and “fussy cut”. Adhere to the base card.
- Cut out a Dazzling Diamond snowflake and adhere to center of Cherry Cobbler snowflake. Color Rhinestone with Blendability Pen and adhere to centr
- Cut a slit in the fold of the bottom front of the card for the Cherry Cobbler ribbon to slide through. Overlap and attach in back.
- Tie the center with Linen Thread and attach the smallest snowflake with a glue dot and color and attach a smaller rhinestone in the center.
- Inside the card place a 3/4″ wide strip of Cherry Cobbler with a 1/8″ smaller piece of DSP on top.
- Punch a 1 3/4″ Cherry Cobbler circle and a Scallop Circle in Dazzling Diamonds to the back center of the snowflake.
- Stamp the sentiment and punch a 1 1/2″ circle to attach to the center of the Scallop Circle.
This is a really pretty and interactive card. I’ll share some others in different color combinations in the days to come. Hope you feel inspired to give this card a try. Thanks for stopping by today.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’m feeling the love today on my 300th post. Thanks to all of you for making this possible.
I’m sure inky…and HaPpY!