There are lots of “flippin'” cards on Pinterest in all shapes and sizes, but spring seems the perfect time to make a “flippin’ butterfly” card with the Watercolor Wings set on page 75 of the Annual Catalog…
and here’s a shot of the card open…
Did you notice the butterfly stamp on the inside? That was made by using the framelit to cut two fun foam butterflies and glue them together to use as a stamp. It works great! Not sure how long it will last, but as long as I have the framelit I can make another stamp. You have got to give this a try.
Now let’s make this flippin’ butterfly card together…
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Bermuda Bay, Pool Party and Whisper White
- Ink: Early Espresso, Bermuda Bay and Pool Party
- Stamps: Watercolor Wings
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 3/8″ Pool Party Glitter Ribbon, Linen Thread, Bermuda Bay Sequins, Fluttering Embossing Folder, Butterfly Thinlits Dies and Bold Butterfly Framelits
- The Bermuda Bay base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″. Using Bold Butterfly Framelits cut half of the butterfly on front panel. You can accomplish this by centering the butterfly framelit over the 2 1/8″ scored line and slightly toward the top of card. Place the top cutting pad at the 2 1/8″ score line and covering just the first panel. You will just be cutting half of the butterfly from the card front. Emboss front panels of card with Fluttering Embossing Folder.
- Stamp on scrap Whisper White the base butterfly in Bermuda Bay and over stamp in Early Espresso the wings and body in center. Cut out with Bold Butterfly Framelit fold the card closed and attach butterly to card front covering the cut out piece and second panel of card front.
- Make bow with 3/8″ Pool Party Glitter Ribbon and tie with Linen Thread. Cut a 2″ piece of sequins and attach to center of butterfly with glue dots. Add bow over sequins with glue dots.
- Stamp sentiment on scrap Whisper White in Early Espresso and punch out. Punch out Pool Party scrap and attach behind stamped sentiment. Add glue to half of the back of this piece and attach to first panel.
- Inside there is a piece of Pool Party 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ attached with adhesive, and a piece of Whisper White 5 1/4″ x 4″ attached to that with adhesive. Stamp base butterfly with Bermuda Bay. You might want to make a pencil mark with the front butterfly down to know where to place the inside butterfly so it will be covered up when the card is closed. With the fun foam handmade stamps from the butterfly framelit add over base butterfly in Bermuda Bay…magic! Now add your sentiment in the center of the butterfly in Early Espresso. Add some dots here and there in Early Espresso and a few sequins for fun!
So now this is my favorite card…until the next one. I want to make this in some other color combinations…ideas are spinning. And I’ve got another wow technique to share inspired by Frances Martin I’m pretty sure you will love…there are not enough hours in the day!
Got to get reset in my studio from class this morning for another one on Monday morning. Then houseguests this week and a supper to cook for book club…all fun stuff!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I love this…you may like them, but I can’t stand squirrels. I’m pretty sure they think they are being funny turning circles in the middle of the road…I hear them sniggering when I pass!
I’m really inky today…and HaPpY!