Now that SU! has the new Adhesive Strips available and we don’t have to try to use cut up dimensionals…I’m much more inclined to make “shaker cards” which I love because they are interactive and people tend to keep them longer.
I mean…I can’t imagine they would ever throw away one of my cards!
Here’s a card I’ve made for my son whose birthday is next week. Not to worry, he NEVER reads my blog!
Normally I show you the front first…here’s what it looks like closed…
Jeff lives on the water and is a big fisherman. He will love this card.
Just in case you have a fisherman in your life too, here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Very Vanilla, Mint Macaron and Dapper Denim Cardstock, plus By the Shore Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Dapper Denim, Calypso Coral, Soft Suede
- Stamps: Seaside Shore and Happy Happenings (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Sequins, Window Sheet, Adhesive Strip, Linen Thread, Layered Square Framelits
- The Very Vanilla base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 2-1/8″ and 4-1/4″
- Mint Macaron panels measure 2″ x 5-3/8″ (cut 2) and 4″ x 5-1/4″
- The DSP panels measure 1-7/8″ x 5-1/4″ (cut 2) and 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Layer these panels together with adhesive and add to card with adhesive.
- The bottom band measures: Very Vanilla 1-3/4″ x 8-1/2″, Mint Macaron 1-5/8″ x 8-3/8″, DSP 1-1/2″ x 8-1/4″
- Layer these panels together with adhesive. Score at 2-1/8″ and 4-1/4″
- On scrap Very Vanilla cardstock stamp the anchor in Dapper Denim, the banner in Calypso Coral, two seaweeds in Calypso Coral and color in with marker, six fish, two in each color. Fussy cut all these pieces.
- Add anchor with looped Linen Thread to the front panel with dimensionals. Add banner under anchor.
- Glue bottom band to card with multipurpose glue. Use photo above for placement.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 1-3/4″ x 2-1/2″. Stamp rope knot in Soft Suede at top and add sentiment in Dapper Denin. Add to card with adhesive. Check photo for placement.
- Cut four pieces of window sheet 1/4″ x 2-3/4″. Glue a fish to one end with multipurpose glue. Place behind band at various heights with multipurpose glue. Glue seaweed where you like it and add last two fish to front and back panels with adhesive.
- Looks great so far, right?
- Cut a piece of Window Sheet 2″ x 2″
- Now let’s make that shaker. Cut your scalloped frame from Dapper Denim. Pick the framelit that fits the panel. With multipurpose glue add window sheet to back of scalloped frame. Add adhesive strip to back of frame, but do not pull off protective strips yet.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 2″ x 2″ and stamp the seaweed in Calypso Coral then the sentiment in Dapper Denim.
- Now pull the strips off your scalloped frame and with it lying face down, add sequins then lay your sentiment panel face down on top of the adhesive strips. Shaker made! Add to card panel with multipurpose glue.
- You can see the envelope coordinates. I stamped the fish first and covered with a mask while stamping the seaweed then pulled off the mask…magic!
Many times I’ve said “masking” is my favorite stamping technique.
There aren’t many I’d make this card for, but my son is pretty special…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
That could be a good thing!
If you aren’t HaPpY…you should be inky!