Today I’m sharing another masculine birthday card made especially for my son-in-love who will hopefully be home next week from South Korea to celebrate his birthday in the states!
He does not lack self confidence so I feel comfortable poking him a little…
It’s the sentiment here he will think is funny.
The close up shows a “doodled” border.
I think he will like it!
and a peek inside.
If you find making masculine cards as challenging as I do, maybe this one will help you out with your stash. I have two more masculine cards coming up next week if you want to stop by.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this one…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Basic Black Cardstock.
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Real Red, Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive and Soft Sky
- Stamps: Feathered Together
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Micron Pen Black .005
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Basic Black layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The next Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. To get my border reasonably straight, I draw a light pencil line to follow. Then with a black .005 Micron Pen I just go for it. You can always practice a bit on your SU! pad before starting. After the ink is dry, erase the pencil line.
- Stamp the sentiment in Archival Basic Black in lower right corner.
- Stamp three different colored feathers on scrap Thick Whisper White. I go from light to dark. Practice on your pad until you like your color combo. Fussy cut three feathers. The first feather is attached with multipurpose glue and the other two are on dimensionals.
- Make a loop of Linen Thread and tie another short piece around to secure. Add to card front with glue dot.
- Inside the Basic Black layer is 4-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer was stamped in Archival Basic Black for the sentiment and Real Red for the small feather then attached with SNAIL.
- I also stamped but forgot to photograph the envelope with a large feather in the lower left corner.
It’s Friday!!! Hope you have wonder plans for this Autumn weekend.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!