Do you hand write notes or do you drop an email or message? There’s just something so personal about a handwritten note arriving in your mailbox…
Shannon West at SU! Corporate started a movement earlier this year calling it #IMBRINGINGBIRTHDAYSBACK. It went viral from the first day. Why is that? Maybe we all need to stop doing everything digital and bring life’s events back to a personal experience.
So back in the spring I decided to promote this idea by sending personal notes to people I know. And, giving as gifts a set of note cards when the occasion was right. The feedback has been amazing to me. People have been so appreciative.
The post today is one of those cards…
and an inside peek…
This card has a fall look and should be in the mail soon.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White and Rich Razzleberry Cardstock plus Presents & Pinecones Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Basic Black, Sahara Sand
- Stamps: Flourishing Phrases and Sweet Home (banner)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Home Sweet Home Thinlits, Flourish Thinlits, Linen Thread
- The Sahara Sand base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- The Rich Razzleberry layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL to card front
- The DSP layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″ attached with SNAIL to Rich Razzleberry layer
- Cut five flower stems from Rich Razzleberry. Make a light circle in pencil (I used a roll of Washi Tape) to follow when gluing stems on card front. Stamp banner and sentiment in Basic Black on Whisper White and cut with banner thinlit. Shade with Sahara Sand Ink and a Blender Pen. Attach in center of wreath with dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment at lower right in Basic Black.
- Cut border and three leaves from Rich Razzleberry – save one for inside card. Attach with glue.
- Make linen thread bow and attach with glue dots. See video here.
- Inside there is a Rich Razzleberry layer 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ with a Whisper White layer on top 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Glue Rich Razzleberry leaf at bottom right corner.
This little note will be off tomorrow to thank or encourage….check your mailbox!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get Inky…Be HaPpY!