Today’s post is another fall card perfect for the season or for someone having a birthday during the fall months. I’ve always been in love with all kinds of lanterns and actually have one almost like this one hanging on my front porch…
I see this pop up and it just makes me smile…
You can see some of the layers in the close up shot…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you just in case you are into the fall season like me…
- Paper: Thick Very Vanilla, Thick Whisper White and Basic Black Cardstock and Water color paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
- Stamps: Seasonal Lantern
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Large round water color brush, Early Espresso marker for splats, yellow and orange watercolors, Lantern Builder Framelits, Strip Adhesive and Blender Pen
- The Thick Very Vanilla base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The water color layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Wet your watercolor paper leaving a white edge with no water. Drop the orange color at the bottom and the yellow at the top and encourage them to meet in the middle. Let dry then splatter with Early Espresso marker and add sentiment (I cut my stamp in two pieces) at top left corner in Archival Basic Black. Add this layer to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Cut the largest lantern first from Thick Whisper White. Stamp bow, berries/leaves, candle and gourds on scrap water color paper and paint with reinker in pad lid and a Blender Pen. Cut out with coordinating framelits.
- Add black pieces to solid white lantern. Add a smudge of Daffodil Delight for candle “glow”. Two of the gourds and the candle were added with multipurpose glue. Everything else was added with dimensionals.
- Add lantern to lower right corner of water colored piece with multipurpose glue and the whole layer to card front with Strip Adhesive.
There will be more cards made with this lantern for the holidays!
Hope your Wednesday is awesome. You know mine will be as soon as I see my daughter walking toward me at the airport!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
the best day ever!
Stay inky…be HaPpY!