If you are enjoying these fall posts as much as I am making them…we are on the right track!
Today’s post is another card appropriate for several occasions with the change of sentiment. This color highlights the beautiful blue skies of fall and the color of changing foliage…
and the coordinating inside…
This card uses Thoughtful Branches stamp set which I know was only available for maybe six weeks, but I am a tree lover and a sucker for any stamp set with trees. I hope you got this set when it was available. I had a customer this past weekend who was very disappointed she couldn’t order this set.
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black Cardstock
- Ink: Soft Sky, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Basic Black
- Stamps: Thoughtful Branches, Vintage Leaves, Timeless Textures
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Leaflets Framelits, sponge or dauber
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″
- The Real Red layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The Basic Black layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ attached to the card front with SNAIL.
- The top Whisper White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. With Soft Sky ink and border stamp from Timeless Textures stamp all edges. With large maple leaf Framelit from Leaflets Framelits cut a mask from a post it note being sure to include the sticky side of paper. Lay negative image cut in Post It note on top Whisper White layer and sponge with Soft Sky making edges darker than center of shape. With mask still in place stamp trees in Basic Black. With the “leaf” stamp add Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie just a little offset from first stamp then Real Red offset to opposite side on all three trees. Remove mask…magic! Oh! I do love masking…stamp sentiment in Basic Black in top left corner.
- Add several rounds of Linen Thread at bottom of top layer attaching on back with SNAIL. Make bow (video here) and attach to stem of large leaf with glue dots. Attach this layer to card front with Multipurpose Glue.
- Inside the card the Real Red layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Whisper White layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ attached inside the card with SNAIL. Stamp trees in lower right corner adding three layers of leaves as on card front.
Don’t you think this card would make a great masculine birthday, get well, hello, sorry…card? But it really isn’t exclusively masculine either. A stack of these in your stash could sure come in handy for lots of situations in life…
Sweetums and I are trying to adjust to all the quiet existing in our house now that all family has left for their homes. Looking forward to a beautiful fall weekend with a little football action too.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
all. the. time.
It doesn’t matter if you’re inky…cause you’ll be HaPpY!