Lyla, one of “the littles”, is nine…but like most little girls she still loves fairies. Who am I kidding? I still love them too!
So when the stamp set Fairy Celebration was introduced I knew where one of those sets would be headed. Next week “the littles” will be here for a visit. In the summer we always wait until almost dusk then sneak out with our jars to catch fireflies or as we say here in the South…lightening bugs.
Pairing the Jar of Love and coordinating thinlets set with the Fairies set just seemed natural to me…
Lyla will love this card. I think I’ll mail it to her this week and tell her we will look for fairies this year rather than lightening bugs! It has been splattered with Wind of Stella and her wings were painted too. Here’s a close up…
The jar was made with window sheet and the fairy was colored with a small round brush and reinker…
To get this effect I stamped the fairy with Daffodil Delight ink on Thick Whisper White then painted with reinker. When dry, I outlined everything with a black micron pen. The jar outline was stamped over the painting.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digit for you just in case you have “a little” that likes fairies as much as we do…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Smoky Slate Cardstock
- Ink: Soft Sky, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizazz, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Perfect Plum
- Stamps: Fairy Celebration, Jar of Love and Watercolor Wash (background)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Window Sheet, Linen Thread, Everyday Jar Framelits, Clear Wink of Stella, Adhesive Strips
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp Watercolor Wash background with Soft Sky that has been spritzed with water before stamping. Let dry. Stamp sentiments in Basic Black at top and bottom. Add to card front with Adhesive Strips.
- Stamp jar lid with Basic Black on a scrap of Smoky Slate Cardstock and “fussy cut”.
- Stamp fairy on scrap of Thick Whisper White in Daffodil Delight. Color with reinker, water and a small paint brush. When dry, outline with small gauge black micron pen. Stamp jar stamp over fairy painting in Smoky Slate. Cut out with Everyday Jars Framelit. Cut a piece of Window Sheet with same Framelit and glue with multipurpose glue to stamped piece. Add jar lid with dimensionals. Tie Linen Thread around lid. Add jar to card front at an angle with Adhesive Strips.
- Inside the background stamp Watercolor Wash was used the same way as the card front. Happy Birthday stamped in Basic Black. Add more fairy dust from Wink of Stella.
I really enjoyed making this card…what is it about fairies anyway?
Well…today is Friday! Hope your weekend is getting off to a great start. Enjoy!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Got that right!
Get inky…Be HaPpY!