Everyday (except Sundays) I create a new card or home décor project or 3-D art piece…every. day.
There are a couple of things I love about that commitment and one I don’t…
I love to create a piece for a special specific person. So much thought goes into a piece like that.
I DO NOT like to mass produce anything. But when a Stampin’ Up! event comes up and swapping is part of the event, then mass producing is necessary. So that’s what I’ve been doing a lot of this week…
They are a work in progress…
So once the swaps were done it was a joy to make today’s post for an upcoming birthday…
It never occurred to me how much I’d love this Designer Series Paper initially. The idea to use it this way has been rolling around in my mind at first sight of it.
Glamour close up…
The embossing of the hearts was meant to suggest quilting.
and a peek inside…
I love all the designs in this pack (well…most of them) but especially the gingham! I have four packs of this DSP and not a single piece of gingham anywhere.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Tip Top Taupe, Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus Oh So Succulent Designer’s Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Dragonfly Dreams (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1″ Square Punch or Framelit and Falling Petals Embossing Folder
- The Tip Top Taupe base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The top Thick Whisper White square layer is 3-3/8″ square.
- The Tip Top Taupe square layer is 3-1/4″ square. Attach this layer to the Whisper White square layer with SNAIL.
- Punch 12 (1″ square) pieces of the DSP. Arrange 1″ squares on top of Tip Top Taupe square and attach with multipurpose glue. This gives you a little time to move or adjust the square if you need to. Run this square through the Big Shot in the Falling Petals EF. Attach all three layers to top of card front with dimensionals.
- The sentiment layers are Thick Whisper White 1″ x 3-3/8″, Tip Top Taupe layer is 7/8″ x 3-1/4″ and the top Whisper White layer is 3/4″ x 3-1/8″. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black and cut piece 3/4″ x 3-1/8″. Add this piece to the next two layers and add to bottom of card front with dimensionals.
- Inside there is a Whisper White layer 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ with three blocks added at the bottom of this layer and attached inside card with SNAIL
- The envelope flap was covered in matching DSP to coordinate with card front.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hope you found something here to inspire you in your creations.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And always stay inky…you’ll be HaPpY!