Remember the other day I said this is the second busiest time of the year and I was constantly in a trot to keep up? Now I’m running…got two weeks to get everything done before some fun G’Mom time in St. Petersburg, Florida. Really looking forward to some fun time with the “littles” but there’s still much to be done.
Today’s card holds a special treat for whoever you decide to send it to…a bookmark decorated and with a message just for them. Have you made one of these bookmark cards yet? Saw one on SCS and thought it was an interesting idea. I have a special person in mind for this one who loves to read and is determined not to go to an eReader. So this is perfect!
Here’s the card…
Isn’t that the neatest idea? Here’s a shot of the inside…
The bookmark on the side can be folded inside the card and removed because it is perforated. Perfect little something for that special someone. The SU! paper cutter has a perforated cartridge that makes this easy.
And don’t forget your card back and identifying yourself as the creator of this piece…
Have you invested in one of the circle monogram stamps? You can design the stamp any way you want and because they are clear, they are easy to position perfectly. Not to mention they stamp perfectly, too!
In the next few days (heaven really knows when) I’ll post a video on this card for you. Are you inspired to give it a try before then? Great! Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe and Whisper White cardstock, Lullaby DSP
- Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Hello Honey and Baked Brown Sugar
- Stamps: Perfect Pennants and Everything Eleanor
- Tools and Embellishments: Petite Petal Punch, Secret Garden Framelit, Linen Thread, Pearls, 5/8″ White Organza Ribbon and Apothecary Accents Framelits
- Base card of Crisp Cantaloupe is 5 1/2″ x 10 1/2″, scored on long side at 4 1/4″, perforated at the 8 1/2″ mark
- First White layer on front is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- DSP layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Horizontal Crisp Cantaloupe layer is 1 5/8″ x 4″, Horizontal DSP layer is 1 1/2″ x 3 7/8″
- Vertical layer under flower Crisp Cantaloupe is 4 3/8″ x 2 1/4″, cut with one end of largest framelit in Apothecary set
- DSP vertical layer under flower is 4″ x 2″ and also cut with largest Apothecary set
- Flower first three layers cut from Secret Garden Framelit set, center Petite Petal Punch.
- The leaves were free hand and sponged with Pistachio Pudding, the flower layers with Crisp Cantaloupe.
- The Whisper White layer on the bookmark is 1 3/4″ x 4 1/2″
That’s it. It took me much longer to come up with the design that it did to make. That’s always the way, but it is the most fun part to me. Look for the video in a few days…definitely before I leave. So glad you stopped by today.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.”
Get Inky…Be Happy!