One of “the littles”, my granddaughter Lyla who just turned nine, will emphatically tell you she is an artist…and she definitely is. As we create our paper, ink and stamp pieces we too should be just as emphatic about our artistic status. There are artists of every kind…we just happen to create with our own media. Just sayin’…
Today’s post is another sneak peek at new product available June 1st from the new Stampin’ Up! catalog…
A shaker card! And here’s the inside…
This card showcases the new DSP paper stack Playful Palette and stamp set Painter’s Palette not to mention some of the new InColors…
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Blushing Bride, Peekaboo Peach, and Thick Whisper White cardstock, plus Playful Palette Designer Series Paper Stack
- Ink: Basic Black, Soft Suede, Early Espresso and Peekaboo Peach
- Stamps: Painter’s Palette
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Peekaboo Peach Ruched Ribbon, Window Sheet, Sequins and Framelit Label Flip Card set, foam adhesive strips.
- The Blushing Bride base card is 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Peekaboo Peach layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″ attached to the card front with adhesive
- The Whisper White layer is 5″ x 3 3/4″ attached to Peekaboo layer with adhesive
- The first DSP layer is 2″ x 5″ attached with adhesive
- The second Peekaboo vertical layer is 1 7/8″ x 4 1/4″ with a DSP layer attached with adhesive that is 1 3/4″ x 4 1/8″. This layer is attached to card front with adhesive centered top to bottom and a little left of vertical center.
- The third Peekaboo vertical layer is 1 7/8″x 3 5/8″ with a DSP layer attached with adhesive that is 1 3/4″ x 3 1/2″. Add a piece of Peekaboo ribbon around one end and attach at back with adhesive. This double layer is now attached to card front with adhesive centered top to bottom and overlapping vertical layer 3/4″ . Loop ribbon three times and tie in center with Linen Thread. Add to card front with glue dots.
- Stamp easel on Thick Whisper White cardstock in Soft Suede and “fussy cut”. Cut through one corner and cut away center of frame. Cut a piece of Window Sheet 2 1/2″ square and glue with Tombow to back of easel frame. Add foam adhesive strips to the back of the frame on all four sides. Cut a piece of DSP 2 1/4″ square. Lie the easel face down, pull off foam adhesive paper, add sequins and lay the DSP piece over the opening. Glue easel to card front. Shaker card!
- Stamp sentiment on scrap Whisper White and cut with framelit. Cut a second framelit in Peekaboo Peach and cut in half. Add to back of sentiment. Snip away any points that stick out. Add to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside there is a piece of Peekaboo Peach 4 1/2″ x 3″ attached to a Whisper White layer 4 3/8″ x 2 7/8″. Stamp sentiment in Early Espresso. Add brush stroke in Peekaboo Peach.
Aren’t all the colors and patterns in this DSP Pack awesome? I love how they coordinate for a real punch.
Thanks so much for stopping by today…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
…but with a good attitude you can go places you’ve never dreamed!
Get inky…Be HaPpY!