That’s right…estimated time of arrival is March 20th! I’m talking about a baby addition to our family that will make some aunts, some uncles, grandmother and father. For me…great grandmother! Sweetums and I are over the moon excited to meet this little guy who has already been named Henry David Young.
So it seemed natural that I would help my granddaughter, Kendall, with some baby shower invitations. We went through a mock-up and tweaks here and there until she was happy with the design. Here’s what we came up with…
Isn’t that the cutest? Kendall has chosen woodland forest theme for her nursery and decorated it herself. It is just the sweetest thing and perfect for a little guy to come home to.
Here’s a peek inside…
You can only imagine I’m sure, how much fun these were to make.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Crumb Cake 3-1/2″ x 5″ Notecards/Envelopes, Thick Whisper White, Dapper Denim, Smoky Slate and Old Olive Cardstock, plus Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Old Olive, Crumb Cake and Early Espresso
- Stamps: Always An Adventure
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Outdoor Adventure Framelits, Rotating Alaphabet Stamp
- The Thick Whisper White layer on front panel of Crumb Cake notecard is 3-3/8″ x 4-7/8″ attached with SNAIL
- The Dapper Denim layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″. Cut Clouds at top of this layer then attach over Whisper White layer with SNAIL
- Cut trees from Old OLive and mountains from Smoky Slate. Add mountains then trees with multipurpose glue. Cut “snow” for mountains from Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper and add to tops of three mountains with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp on scrap Whisper White the bear in Early Espresso and cut with coordinating framelit. Using sponge mat and rounded end of pen or piercer tool, lay bear face down and soften fibers in paper to give a rounded effect to bear. Add to lower right side with dimensional.
- Stamp road sign in Crumb Cake on scrap Whisper White CS and cut with coordinating framelit. Set Rotating Alaphabet Stamp with the word “baby”, then stamp with Archival Basic Black Ink on top of road sign. Add to card front at lower left side with multipurpose glue.
- Inside the first layer is Dapper Denim and measures 3-3/8″ x 4-7/8″. Attached with SNAIL.
- The Whisper White layer measures 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″. The lines were stamped with a really old retired SU! stamp. You could type this information up on your computer and print out to add to the inside. Mine were handwritten with invitation information. The word “shower” was set up just like the “baby” on the card front with the Rotating stamp. Cut arrow from Dapper Denim scraps and add with multipurpose glue.
Here are a couple of shots of Henry’s room so you can see how these invitations imitate the décor…
So with eight weeks to go, we are all sitting on “ready!”
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look today…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And to stay HaPpY …you need to be inky!