Sometimes questions come in asking where my inspiration for card design comes from…everywhere!
But, today’s card came from a piece of water color paper that had been on the top of my desk for maybe three weeks. It had been painted for a project that just never developed. But look at it today…
It was meant for this card. Here’s a peek at the inside…
There was a piece I could use inside to coordinate. I’m not saying some days ideas are like squeezing toothpaste from an empty tube, but most of the time they come faster than they can be made. Those are the “happy dance” days.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Water Color, Elegant Eggplant, Thick Whisper White and Blushing Bride Cardstock
- Ink: Basic Black. Watercolors Aqua, Purple, Pink, Orange (they sound ugly together don’t they?)
- Stamps: You’re So Lovely and Number of Years
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 5/8″ Blushing Bride Seam Binding, White Craft Ink, White Embossing Powder, Itty Bitty Flower Punch, Large Numbers Framelits Dies (banner), Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder, Fun Foam, Basic Pearls and Linen Thread
- The Elegant Eggplant base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/4″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Blushing Bride layer is 4 3/4″ x 3 1/4″
- The Elegant Eggplant layer is 3 1/8″ x 4 5/8″
- The Water Color layer is 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Emboss the card front.
- Run a piece of the Blushing Bride Seam Binding around the card front and attach with adhesive.
- Add Blushing Bride layer to card front with adhesive
- Add Elegant Eggplant layer over Blushing Bride layer with adhesive.
- Stamp wreath in Craft White ink, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat. Attach Water Color paper to a piece of fun foam cut 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ with Tombow Glue. Attach to card front with Tombow Glue.
- Stamp frame and sentiment on scrap of Whisper White and cut with matching framelit. Add to card front with dimensionals
- Punch three Itty Bitty flowers in Whisper White. Add pearls to centers that have been colored with permanent marker.
- Make loops with seam binding and wrap with Linen Thread tying in a knot. Add to card front with glue dots.
- Inside there is a layer of 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ Blushing Bride attached with adhesive
- On top a layer of Whisper White 3″ x 4″ attached with adhesive
- Add a small piece of water colored paper to coordinate with card front with Tombow Glue
I am very impatiently waiting for Mr. Brown to deliver my new catalog preorder…why is he late today?
Hope you are having a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by…hope you feel inspired!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Until then…I’ll be inky and…HaPpY