Six days a week you will find a new project posted here…Often I’m asked, “where do you find inspiration?” Everywhere!
Last weekend a friend and I went to the first every Strawberry Fields Guild open house. Propped up against the wall on the floor was this artwork…
I would guesstimate it was 16″ x 20″ and I loved it! I left it there on the floor and came home and made this…
What do you think? This little beauty measures 6 1/2″ square and was made from two pieces of cardstock.
Here’s a side view so you can see the Wink of Stella Clear, the dimension of the butterfly and the depth of the plaque. See those Wink of Stella splatters?
The splatters were a mistake. Shaking the pen to keep the sparkle going the picture was splattered with Wink of Stella. Knocked the breath out of me for a minute as this was the last thing before finishing. Then I decided I loved the effect and splattered even more!
Are you interested in the Stuff ‘N Digits? Here you go…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White cardstock
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo, Watermelon Wonder, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Peekaboo Peach
- Stamps: Clearly for You (retired, No.5), Nature Walk (retired, Bee), Timeless Textures (edges), Best Thoughts (large bloom), Birthday Blossoms (large leaves), Awesomely Artistic (ferns & group flowers), Layering Love (sentiment) and Gorgeous Grunge (splats), En Francais (retired, printed text)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Washi Tape, Wink of Stella Clear, Ribbon or cord/twine for hanging, hole punch
- Cut two 8 1/2″ square pieces of Thick Whisper White and score all sides 1″. Cut one side of each tab.
- Start by sponging the edges with Crumb Cake, then stamp edge from Timeless Textures around the edge and over the sponging. Then add splats with Gorgeous Grunge and Crumb cake over that.
- You can follow this example exactly or substitute stamps you may have I didn’t use. I did use an Aqua Painter to lightly color with the lightest shade and once dry went over the image with the darker color where shadows would be. Watermelon splats were added to the larger flower when dry with Gorgeous Grunge.
- The butterfly was stamped, colored and “fussy cut” before adding with dimensional. Add Wink of Stella on butterfly and splats if you want them.
- Once all your stamping is done, add tear tape to each tab and fold into a box. Do the same with the second 6 1/2″ square. Run a coordinating Washi Tape around all four sides of your stamped “box”. Lay the plain square inside the stamped square and punch two holes for the ribbon/cord to thread through. Now remove the unstamped box and run the ribbon/ cording through the stamped box and the plain box tying a knot to secure. Place the two boxes together just like a gift box would close.
I am just so happy with this little plaque and hope to find more time to explore this type of project into gift sets with maybe a couple of smaller plaques that would coordinate. My “to do” list just gets longer each day!
So my point is there is inspiration everywhere…
Today begins the Memorial Day Weekend where we honor those who serve and sacrifice for all of us. Since we have a son-in-love who is currently serving in Seoul, South Korea, this holiday has special meaning.
Here is your “B-ism” for today…
I sure hope so…
I’m inky…and HaPpY!