There are always little pieces of “this ‘n that” on my working surface. I’m pretty sure I’m going to use it and just can’t make myself put it away…out of sight, out of mind.
One morning I came into the studio to check water color pieces colored the night before and left to dry. You just never know what you will find the next day. Lying there was a Whisper White square with the negative space from Stylish Stems Framelits. And also lying there was this piece of water color from the night before. Picking up the square piece and laying it over the water color I knew this had to make a card front some how.
This is what I would call an “all occasion” card…you name it, it will work…
isn’t that exquisite? I can’t take a lot of credit for laying one piece of paper on top of another…but my goodness I do love this card.
Here’s the inside peek…
This was cut from the same piece of water color paper.
A close up…
So the moral to this story is sometimes a messy work surface gleans something beautiful!
Remember on Friday I will have a “live” video on facebook to demonstrate this water coloring technique. It will be announced on facebook as an event to all those who are signed up on my facebook page called Rambling Rose Studio…just sayin’.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: This Whisper White, Emerald Envy Cardstock, plus Designer Series Color Pack and Water Color paper
- Ink: Emerald Envy
- Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Stylish Stems Framelits Dies, Emerald Envy Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread, Square Stitched Framelits, Square Scalloped Framelits and Ken Oliver’s Color Burst Dry Pigment (Amazon)
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″. Stamp the Gorgeous Grunge “splat” on the right side of the card front with Emerald Envy several times.
- The first Emerald Envy layer is 2-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ attached with SNAIL
- The DSP layer is 2″ x 5-1/2″ attached over Emerald Envy layer with SNAIL
- The two Emerald Envy Scalloped squares are 1-3/4″ and the Thick Whisper White Stitched Squares are the coordinating framelit. Attach layers together and on the card front with SNAIL
- The larger frame is 2-3/4″ square Emerald Envy scalloped square. The water color piece and the Thick Whisper White piece are cut with the coordinating Stitched Square Framelit. Using the large flower framelit from the Stylish Stems Dies, cut the Whisper White square, then layer over water colored square using multipurpose glue. Now layer this piece over the Emerald Envy square using multipurpose glue. Add to card front with dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Emerald Envy ribbon 11″ wrap around left side of card front and attach ends together and to card front with SNAIL. Make several loops of Emerald Envy ribbon and tie center with Linen Thread. Add to front of card with glue dots.
- Inside the Emerald Envy layer is 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ with a Whisper White layer on top that is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Stamp once with Gorgeous Grunge “splat” in Emerald Envy. Cut flower using the outline and the detailed flower framelit. Add over splats with multipurpose glue.
- When ready to use this card, I would add the sentiment inside….
So this week in addition to blogging each day, 22 baby shower invites were finished, 25 swaps for a stamping event this weekend, kits for a February class and gifts for team members are almost finished. Whew!
We are having another 70 degree day and I’m off to the post office to mail the invites and enjoy the weather and ride with my top down…just because I can!
Here’s you “B-ism” for today…
in a sun spot.
I’m inky and HaPpY…are you?