Oh Glory…another beautiful spring day.
There’s a nest with three eggs in the flower box next to the front door…Ginny Wrens, I think.
There’s a dove nest in the tall shrub next to the sidewalk.
And there’s a pair of nesting Cardinals in the Weeping Cherry tree just outside the window.
Love is in the air…
So today enjoy this wedding card for a couple who will also soon be nesting in their new home.
You can’t tell from the photo lighting, but this is a Very Vanilla layered card. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Very Vanilla cardstock
- Ink: Versamark
- Stamps: Lovely Amazing You (sentiment) and Indescribable Gift
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 5/8″ Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Gold filament from Metallic Baker’s Twine, Embossing Folders, Gold Embossing Powder, Linen Thread
- The base Very Vanilla card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Very Vanilla layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Cut 5 (3/4″ x 3 1/2″) Very Vanilla strips and emboss with 5 different EF of your choice. Cut two strips down by 1/2″ and two more by 1″ and tag all 5 strips
- Stamp flower in Versamark lightly and let dry a little before sprinkling with gold embossing power and heat.
- Stamp sentiment over flower fully loaded with Versamark and add gold embossing powder and heat.
- Add embossed strips to the right side of this layer.
- Add a band of ribbon and attach with adhesive.
- Attach this layer to card front.
- Make bow and tie with linen thread. Strip gold filament from Baker’s Twine and add to card front with glue dots randomly.
- Attach bow over gold filament with glue dots.
This card works really well especially if you don’t have a clue what color the bride is using. However, if you do know her colors, you could substitute the ribbon.
This spring is loaded with special occasions….that’s when I’m so glad I am a SU! demo cause I’ve got it covered and then some!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Have an awesome day…get inky and Be HaPpY!