Y’all know I love trees…and the other day when I was sketching ideas in my calendar for this week, this idea popped in my head, but whether it would work or not was the question.
But here is the happy result…
These trees are from two different stamp sets…Thoughtful Branches and Totally Trees. They are all similar in size but different in texture, which I like. But to emboss on copper foil is a challenge…ask me how I know! However, today persistence wins!
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Copper Foil and Mossy Meadow Cardstock
- Ink: White Craft and Basic Black
- Stamps: Thoughtful Branches, Totally Trees and Holly Berry Happiness (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: White Embossing Powder…what? no Linen Thread? And Embossing Buddy
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″
- The Mossy Meadow layer (I like the way this color looks with the copper, but you could use any green or color you like) is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to Mossy Meadow layer is SNAIL.
- The horizontal Mossy Meadow layer is 1-3/4″ x 4-1/4″.
- The copper layer is 1-5/8″ x 4-1/8″. Run your Embossing Buddy over the copper foil before stamping trees with White Craft ink. (Why not use VersaMark? Because the craft ink makes your image bright white). Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat from the back. If you can hold it with your fingers and heat at the same time (ouch!) you’ll be able to see the powder melt. It’s magic I tell you! Attach this layer to the horizontal Mossy Meadow layer with Multipurpose glue and maybe weight it down with several acrylic blocks to keep it straight. Add to card front with Adhesive Strips. I like the higher lift you get with the strips for this one.
- Add sentiment at lower right corner in Basic Black.
- Inside there is a Mossy Meadow layer 2-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ with a Whisper White layer on top 2-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
So now that I’ve burned my fingers and ruined way too much copper foil trying to get this end result, I hope you’ll give this technique a try. It’s really impressive in person…
So my team (Tennessee Vols) plays the Georgia Dawgs today. Come 3:30 I’ll be propped up in front of the television with snacks and dressed in my good luck shirt cheering like a nut.
Hope you are enjoying this fall weekend. Hope to see you back here on Monday!
Here’s your “B-ism” for this day…
like embossing copper foil.
My burnt fingers are inky…and I’m HaPpY!