Sometimes while working on an idea for a card I get so excited to see it finished…ever feel that way?
Today’s post is one of those cards…in my head it was perfect, but sometimes that’s hard to bring to life. Not this time…
I’m in love with the framelit set that goes with the Best Birds stamp set. This looks like a “Jenny Wren” to me and seemed to be just the right touch to add to the Washi tape and sentiment. And the verse on the inside that coordinates with this sympathy sentiment from Flourishing Phrases is so heartwarming and sweet…couldn’t have said it better!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Dapper Denim and Flirty Flamingo Cardstock
- Ink: Basic Black
- Stamps: Best Birds and Flourishing Phrases
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Floral Boutique Designer Washi Tape, Birds & Blooms Thinlets Dies
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- The Dapper Denim and top Whisper White layers are 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Cut bird from top Whisper White layer. Add a small piece of Flirty Flamingo over the tummy of the back of the bird. Glue the Whisper White and the Dapper Denim layers together with multipurpose glue. Add the bird with the Flirty Flamingo back to the Whisper White layer with small dots of multipurpose glue. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black and add three pieces of Washi Tape.
- Add layers to base card with Adhesive Strips.
- Inside there is a layer of Dapper Denim 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ attached with adhesive.
- Cut a 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Whisper White. Add verse in Basic Black and attach over Dapper Denim layer with adhesive.
- Not showing is the envelope which has Washi Tape down the left side to coordinate with the card.
I’m not anxious to use this card, but when the time comes I know it will be tenderly received.
Had comments on the “B-ism” yesterday…so here is today’s.
Come on weekend…
Be HaPpY…Get Inky!