Believe it or not there are several birthdays on my calendar for this month and next…yikes! You would think there would be stacks of cards around here wouldn’t you? Nope…
So clear the table tops, lay aside all the Christmas stamps and DSP and make room for one of the new stamps sets for a January release…
And a peek inside…
There is a suggestion of movement in each layer…that will wake you up.
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Emerald Envy and Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus water color paper and Vellum Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Emerald Envy and Soft Sky
- Stamps: Dragon Dreams
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Gold Cording (Holiday Catalog), Clear Wink of Stella, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Masking Tape (low tack) and Ken Oliver’s Color Burst (Amazon)
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Emerald Envy layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL
- The water color paper is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Mask the shape with low tack tape (or remove some of the stickiness by bouncing the tape on your yoga pants…you know you have them on) Spritz the card front with water and spray the colors you want to use. Here I used green, purple and yellow. It just takes a small amount. If the colors are not combining or you want a different effect, spray lightly with water again.
- Now if you didn’t press your tape down securely all the way around or paint moves when you remove the tape, you may get the effect on my card. I love the look, but if you want clean lines, just be sure to secure your tape edges. Either way…it will be awesome!
- Stamp your sentiment in Archival Basic Black at bottom left.
- The Gold Cord was attached with a blob of multipurpose glue on the card front and laying down the cording in loops until I liked the way it looked.
- To make the dragon fly layer on water color paper underneath the vellum layer, I had a piece of water color paper I colored when doing the masked shape. Once dry, stamp the image in Archival Basic Black and cut with matching thinlit. Attach to card front with dots of multipurpose glue. Add Clear Wink of Stella to wings and dust with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.
- Cut details dragon fly from Cardstock Vellum. Paint wings with Clear Wink of Stella and dust with Dazzling Diamonds. Attach over water colored dragon fly by adding a thin line of multipurpose glue to center of body.
- Inside the Emerald Envy layer is 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ attached with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4-1/8″ x 3-1/8″. The wings color is Soft Sky with Emerald Envy around the edges (Rock ‘n Roll method) then the detail stamps over the wings in Archival Basic Black.
Are you multi-tasking all over the place getting ready for the holidays and still trying to keep up with your regular schedule and commitments? The result seems to be light sleep and frayed nerves…I see it everywhere!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’m going to stay inky…and be HaPpY!