Home again from visiting “the littles” and miss them already! And the flight home was uneventful but late, of course!
Flying is just such an uncomfortable experience anymore. Never have I seen seats that had straighter backs and absolutely no cushioning at all. I’m 4’11” and it was a challenge for me to fold myself into that contraption they sell as a “seat”! But arriving in one hour and nine minutes on a trip that takes 9 hours (if you’re lucky) to drive sends me to the airport every time…
My first day home and I couldn’t wait to get to my studio. I had spent my down time drawing sketches of ideas in my planner. Here’s one of them…
and another angle…
So you can see the dimension of the frame and dragonfly. The water color piece was a leftover from another project. Generally I paint a whole piece of water color paper and save the scraps. They do come in handy.
You might be able to see the “sparkle” on the dragonfly a little better in this shot…
You knew I had to get a little sparkly in there.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black Cardstock, Vellum and water color paper
- Ink: Real Red and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Dragonfly Dreams and Gorgeous Grunge (splat)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Scalloped Square Framelits Dies, Stitched Framelits Dies, Dragonfly Thinlits, Gently Falling Embossing Folder
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Real Red layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with multipurpose glue.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp sentiment at lower left in Archival Basic Black. Stamp Real Red splats so that they will show after frame is put in place. Run through Big Shot with Gently Falling EF. Attach to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Cut the Basic Black Scalloped frame that measures 3″ x 3″. The Whisper White frame is a little over 2-1/2″. Use a smaller square framelit to cut out the center of the Whisper White piece. You could use anything for the background of the frame…even DSP or stamp a small collage would be nice too. I just happened to have this piece of water color paper painted. Glue these three pieces together and place at top right corner of card front with multipurpose glue.
- The detailed dragonfly was cut from the Valentine Paper Stack and the top layer of dragonfly was stamped with Archival Basic Black on cardstock Vellum and cut with framelit. Run a bead of multipurpose glue down the center of the DSP dragonfly and place the vellum dragonfly on top. The wings were painted with Clear Wink of Stella and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds. (I had to do it!) Add a strip of adhesive on the bottom and place on card front. You can bend the wings a little to give more dimension.
- Inside there is a piece of Real Red 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ with a piece of Whisper White 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″. I stamped the corresponding sentiment in Basic Black, add a splat of Real Red at the bottom and ran just the bottom inch or so through the Gently Falling EF.
- You can see the envelope was treated to the Gently Falling EF too to correspond to the card front.
So I’m looking forward to getting back into my grove this week. Hope you’ll stop back by…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
be HaPpY in it and get yourself inky!