Want to come with me and jump down the rabbit hole? We can explore the magical world of miniatures.
There are a couple of my Stampin’ Peeps who were game to make miniature masterpieces for a 12-framed art piece. We made one of these for Christmas and decided to do one for Spring with flowers and birds. Each one of us would create four designs and make three of that design to share. When finished we had our Spring wall hanging.
Today I’m sharing one of my “mini’s” with you…
Robins signal Spring and eggs the renewing of nature. It’s hard to see in this photo, but her eye was “painted” with Crystal Effects as were the eggs for dimension.
The framed pieces measure 2 5/8″ x 3 5/8″ (at least for my frame.) Once you start thinking in miniature it can be addictive. The coloring on these were done with markers and Blender Pens.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Blushing Bride and Whisper White cardstock, plus Newsprint DSP
- Ink: Crumb Cake (sponging edges) Pool Party, Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Old Olive and Soft Suede plus Memento Black
- Stamps: An Open Heart, Nature Walk
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Crystal Effects
- The Blushing Bride cardstock is 2 5/8″ x 3 5/8″
- The DSP is 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- Sponge the edges of the DSP with Crumb Cake
- Stamp the branch and bird eggs with Memento Black ink
- Color branch and eggs with markers
- Stamp bird on scrap of Whisper White in Memento Black and color with markers and Blender Pen
- Add Crystal Effects to eggs and bird eye and let dry
- “Fussy” cut the bird and add to DSP that has been attached to Blushing Bride with dimensionals
Over the next three days I will share with you my “mini’s” and then show you the entire framed piece. I hope you enjoy this little mini series as we all wait for Mother Nature to bring us Spring at last!
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I would mention there is a Rambling Rose Studio facebook page. I hope you will stop by there also and like my page.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get inky…Be HaPpY!