My first thoughts when I saw this stamp set at convention was first a card in all Very Vanilla embossed in gold…then another just like it but colored in Tempting Turquoise…then one embossed in silver on vellum and colored from the back…then. See what happens with my mind and ideas? Drives me nuts.
Today I’ve got the one in Very Vanilla and Tempting Turquoise with a little bling added (of course!)…
Would you like to make something similar? Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Very Vanilla cardstock, Gold Glimmer
- Ink: VersaMark
- Stamps: Dove of Peace
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Gold Metallic Thread, Gold Embossing Powder, Blender Pen or Aqua Painter
- The Tempting Turquoise base card if 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Gold Glimmer layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The Very Vanilla layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp sentiment and dove in Versamark ink, add Gold Embossing Powder and heat. Add several rounds of Gold Metallic thread under sentiment and secure with adhesive. Add this layer to card front with Tomboy Glue.
- Color the bird with Tempting Turquoise reinker and a Blender Pen or Aqua Painter (whichever you are more comfortable using) Start with a light shade and go back and darken some areas while leaving others the lighter shade for dimension.
- Inside I have a 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ piece of Very Vanilla with a small piece of Gold Glimmer paper horizontally at the bottom.
Tip: When using Glimmer Paper or any specialty paper for a card mat, cut out the center of the paper to use on other projects leaving just enough to show for the mat.
You won’t believe what Sweetums and I started today…painting my studio! Good grief what was I thinking?
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Well…that was funny!
I’m all inky and painted different colors…but HaPpY!