Everyone (including me) is rushing toward Christmas. Fall is my favorite time of the year and I want to just stop and enjoy the gorgeous sky, crisp air, the smell of smoke, the change of food from summer to cooler weather, not having to run the heater and leaving the windows open and oh my goodness the colors! Are you a color person? Me Too!
So today this post will be all about fall. There was a class here at Rambling Rose Studio Saturday and again today and there will be another on Wednesday where we will celebrate this fall. Here is one of the cards we made today…
This card was inspired by @Rae Harper a fellow demo. Hers was a square card and I tweaked it here and there but her card definitely inspired me to make this one…thanks Rae! The girls in class loved this one. Are you interested in how to make it? Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Very Vanilla, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White, Tangelo Twist, Blackberry Bliss and Soft Suede cardstock
- Ink: Soft Suede, Tangelo Twist, Blackberry Bliss and Coastal Cabana
- Stamps: For All Things (sentiment), Gorgeous Grunge (background splats) and Four Feathers
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Four Feathers Framelits, Linen Thread, Natural 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, Very Vintage Designer Buttons and Banner Punch
- The Very Vanilla cardstock base is cut 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Soft Suede layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The top Very Vanilla layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The sentiment Soft Suede layer is 1″ x 2 1/2 and the Very Vanilla is 7/8″ x 2 3/8″
- Build background on card front with Gorgeous Grunge splat and Soft Suede. After inking stamp twice before reinking to give a variation in color.
- Stamp all four feathers in four different colors fanned out in the bottom right corner
- Now stamp one of the larger feathers in Tangelo Twist ink on Crisp Cantaloupe and the other two (one large, one small) on Whisper White in two of the other colors and run through Big Shot with feather framelits.
- Put dimentsional on the two large and place over the feather background. A glue dot on the small cut out feather to hold it on top of the two large feathers.
- Fold over the burlap ribbon with a glue dot and tag cut the ends. Glue dot the burlap over the base of the feathers.
- Glue dot the button on top of the ribbon and glue dot a linen thread bow to the top of the button.
- Assemble the front of the card.
- Stamp the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss, attach three colors of banners punched with Banner Punch then adhere to Soft Suede layer
- Place this piece on dimensionals to card front.
- Be sure to finish your card with two layers inside and coordinate with some splats and a feather. Don’t forget your envelope too!
Good grief! That was a lot of talking for a card front. Hope you’ll give this a try. This card would make a great masculine birthday card for the fall if you changed the sentiment. I’m always on the look out for masculine cards.
Hope you enjoyed this post and feel inspired.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”A lady never discusses the size of her craft stash.”
I’m definitely inky from class today…but HaPpY!