Inspiration came to me this week and I couldn’t wait to get into the studio and work out what had been pictured in my mind…love when that happens!
and here is exactly what I had seen it in my mind.
How about that sparkle on the road bricks?
This side view shows the lifted layers.
and a peek inside.
Stamps you wouldn’t normally think of for Christmas and nontraditional colors too!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Pool Party, Basic Grey and Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock
- Ink: Pool Party, Archival Basic Black, Smokey Slate and Lemon Lime Twist
- Stamps: Bike Ride, Brightly Lit Christmas and Christmas Quilt (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Christmas Lampost Thinlits Dies, Bike Framelits Dies, Embossing Paste, Palette Knives, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Pattern Party Decorative Masks
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″, fold and burnish with bone folder.
- The Pool Party layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Using the brick mask and Embossing paste apply a couple of rows of bricks at bottom of layer. Sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds and let dry.
- Stamp all pieces to be cut out with framelits and thinlits. Cut an extra lantern lamp from Lemon Lime Twist CS to used the inside pieces in the Basic Grey lantern. Add lantern with multipurpose glue. Add bow with dimensional. Stamp Merry Christmas sign and trim so that it just reads Merry Christmas and add under lantern shelf with dimensionals.
- Add wreaths to bike wheels with multipurpose glue. Add bike frame to wheels with multipurpose glue. Add bike to card front with dimensionals.
- The front grey basket was added with multipurpose glue at the bottom. The other gift was add to bike frame with dimensionals.
- Add sentiment in Archival Basic Black.
- Add this layer to card front with SNAIL.
- Inside there is a layer of Pool Party 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″.
- The sentiment is stamped in Archival Basic Black.
- The bike rear wheel is stamped leaving the page with a basket sitting on dimensionals on top.
This was so much fun to make…but I confess I would not want to make many of these cards!
Hope you are having a star-studded Tuesday.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!