Before talking about today’s post, I want to thank all of you for stopping by yesterday and giving me the biggest response on my blog to date! What an awesome day… It may have been the 19 second video on my Rambling Rose Studio facebook page that caused the big numbers. If you do facebook, I would love you to take a look at this page and “like” it. I’m trying to reach 1,000 likes and I am REALLY close…
Today’s post will highlight the Dragonfly Dreams Bundle on page 26 of the new Occasions Catalog that went “live” yesterday.
Here’s a close up of the dragonfly…
How gorgeous is she? It has to be a girl cause she’s covered in gold and Dazzling Diamonds…
We haven’t had any sun lately and when photographing I’d rather use natural light, so my attempts at lighting and trying to catch the shimmer of this dragonfly weren’t even close to how sparkly she really is.
and a little different angle…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Mint Macaron, Dapper Denim, Vellum and Whisper White Cardstock, plus Water Color Paper
- Ink: Mint Macaron, Dapper Denim, Archival Basic Black, Emerald Envy and VersaMark Ink
- Stamps: Dragonfly Dreams, Gorgeous Grunge (splat)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies, Gold Baker’s Twine, Gold Embossing Powder, Clear Wink of Stella, Dazzling Diamonds
- The Mint Macaron base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Dapper Denim layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with multipurpose glue
- The water color layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″.
- Using a size “E” acrylic block and Mint Macaron ink pad, ink up one side of block. Spritz lightly with water and place on top of water color paper. Give it a couple of seconds to soak into the paper and remove block. Let dry or use heat gun. Using the Gorgeous Grunge splat stamp and Dapper Denim ink pad, stamp two or three splats diagonally. Using Emerald Envy and Dapper Denim ink, stamp larger spots over background.
- Using Gorgeous Grunge splat stamp and VersaMark ink, stamp over background. Stamp sentiment in VersaMark. Sprinkle all with Gold Embossing Powder and heat.
- Place a blob of multipurpose glue on the paper where you want to start your Gold Baker’s Twine (or you could substitute Gold Metallic Thread) and start making loops going over the glue blob to keep everything placed.
- Cut one Gold Foil dragonfly. Stamp one dragonfly in Archival Basic Black on Vellum Cardstock and cut with coordinating thinlet. Add a line of multipurpose glue down the center of the Gold Foil dragonfly and place the Vellum dragonfly on top. Add a strip of adhesive on the underside of the Gold Foil dragonfly. Brush Clear Wink of Stella over the wings and sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds. Isn’t she beautiful? Add to water color paper card front over Baker’s Twine loops.
- Add water color layer to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Inside I have a 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Dapper Denim with a 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ piece of Whisper White on top. The bottom of the top layer has the larger dots in Emerald Envy.
So yesterday SU! had an equipment failure right in the middle of launching the Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration. I can only imagine the “hustle” to get the system up and running…but they did and I bet the orders were almost enough to crash the system again. This new catalog is awesome.
Let me know if you need a catalog and I’ll be happy to send them to you. If you need to place an order, feel free (and make my day!) to order by clicking on the “shop now” star in the right column of this blog site.
We are supposed to get snow to and tomorrow and I sure hope we do…I had to stop at the grocery store and I swear everybody and their mother was there…seriously!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’ll be HaPpY all year cause I’ll be inky!