Yesterday was my daughter-in-love’s birthday. I’ve had her card made for a couple of weeks and got it in the mail with a gift the first of last week…but I forgot to post it yesterday!
I’m losing my ever-lovin’ mind…not really. Here’s what happened. Zoe (my Jack Russell) and I went for a walk. The weather was amazing…cool and a little breeze with NO humidity. You know how unusual that is for the South?
So I’m walking and day dreaming about this summer wreath I’m planning to make for the front doors and then a card idea popped in my head. Does that happen to you? I couldn’t wait to get home and make it. Oh I got it done alright…but I missed my posting time of 5 p.m.
Today’s another day and I’m posting twice today!
Here’s Amy’s card…she told me she loved it.
See…a lot of lovin’ in that card. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic Black and Watercolor
- Ink: Soft Suede and Daffodil Delight
- Stamps: You’ve Got This
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Sahara Sand Lace Trim, Water colors and brush, Project Life Journaling Pen and Woodgrain Embossing Folder
- The Crumb Cake base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Basic Black layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The second Crumb Cake layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″ embossed with Woodgrain EF with Soft Suede ink
- The second Basic Black layer is 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″
- The Watercolor layer is 3 3/8″ x 4 3/8″
- I started by stamping the image in Daffodil Delight so that the lines would disappear when watercoloring
- The watercolor was attached to the Basic Black and then the lace trim to both layers.
- I did use fun foam behind these two layers to lift the art off the card front.
I hope I’ve inspired some of you to give this no line watercoloring a try. It takes the drawing out of the equation and you can just relax and paint. It’s addictive!
Thanks so much for stopping by today…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get inky with me…Be HaPpY!