Today is Sunday and that means it’s time for the Can You Case It Challenge #83. Our challenge this week was to create a card for “back to school”. This is a great challenge and I hope you will go to canyoucaseit.com and play along. You have until noon Friday to submit your entry.
This was a fun card to make. I always want to start back to school in the fall…
Kids today probably wouldn’t even know what that typewriter image was. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Heavy Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder, Real Red Cardstock and Schoolhouse DSP
- Ink: Memento Black and Soft Sky plus Smoky Slate and Basic Black markers
- Stamps: Tap, Tap, Tap and Alphabet Roller
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Notebook Punch (retired), Tree Builder Punch (apple)
- The Heavy Whisper White base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The green layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The Whisper White layer is 1 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ stamped at top with typewriter alphabet in Memento Black and attached to bottom of card front with adhesive
- The Watermelon Wonder layer is 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ attached to bottom of Whisper White layer with multipurpose glue
- The notebook page is stamped in Soft Sky and attached to card front with adhesive
- The typewriter is stamped on scrap Whisper White, colored with Basic Black and Smoky Slate markers and “fussy cut”. Attach with dimensionals
- The apple is punched from Real Red cardstock with the Tree Builder Punch and attached to notebook sheet with dimensional.
Wouldn’t this be a fun card to send to someone just starting school?
Hope you enjoyed this little card.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Not that a donut would ever pass my lips…
Get inky…Be HaPpY!