This week’s challenge at Can You Case It (you can find it here) is to use the colors So Saffron, Wild Wasbi and Soft Sky. That sounds soft and dreamy to me so I made this card to share…
Watercolor paper was used along with the stamp from Painted Petals for the focal point. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you in case you’d like to make a similar card…
- Paper: Wild Wasbi, Whisper White, Soft Sky and Irresistibly You cardstock plus watercolor paper
- Ink: Wild Wasbi, So Saffron and Soft Sky
- Stamps: Painted Petals
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Wild Wasbi Seam Binding, Linen Thread, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Fancy Fan EF, 1 3/8″ Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch and Scallop Tag Topper Punch
- The base card of Wild Wasbi is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Whisper White layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ embossed with Fancy Fan EF
- The Irresistibly You layer is 1 3/4″ x 4 1/8″, sponged with So Saffron
- The two Soft Sky vertical layers are 1 3/4″ x 3″ and 1 3/4″ x 4″ punched with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch then embossed with Perfect Polka Dots EF
- Spritz with water you 1 3/8″ circle of watercolor paper. Ink your stamp and spritz lightly and stamp. Let the image flow then dry with heat gun. Restamp without water but stamp off first. Go back with markers and put in some soft details on petals and flower centers.
- Attach all layers and add bow.
This was a fun challenge this week. The challenges always take me in a direction I wasn’t considering and usually I like what evolves from the experience.
Come along and play each week and we’ll grow together.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
A little chuckle for you…I’m a kid at heart and I love the Minions!
Get Inky…Be HaPpY!