This week over at Can You Case It the Design Team is meeting the challenge of a designer’s choice. We hope you will play along and enter your creative ideas right along with ours. You can find the challenge here.
Here’s my entry this week…
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits in case you’d like to give this technique a try…
- Paper: Sahara Sand and Blackberry Bliss cardstock, Vellum cardstock and Something Borrowed DSP
- Ink: VersaMark, Memento Black and Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasbi and Coastal Cabana Blendies
- Stamp: Basic Butterfly (sentiment) and Something Lacy
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Banner Punch, Sahara Sand Lace, Blackberry Bliss velvet ribbon (Artisan Kit), Basic Pearls and White Embossing Powder
- The Sahara Sand base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Vellum cardstock is 4 1/4″ x 4″
- The DSP is 4 1/8″ x 2 1/2″
- Stamp the Vellum with the Something Lacy background stamp in VersaMark and sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat from the back of the Vellum
- Color as much of the design as you like with the Blendies (you could also use markers) on the back side of the Vellum
- Attach the Vellum to the top of the card front
- Stamp the sentiment on the DSP in Memento Black and attach the Sahara Sand lace then the Blackberry Bliss Velvet ribbon before attaching to the card front overlapping the Vellum layer.
- Punch a banner in Blackberry Bliss and place with glue dots where you’d like the bow to sit.
- Make the Linen bow and attach with glue dots. If you’d like to see a video on making this bow, you can check here.
- Attach Basic Pearls under the sentiment.
I hope you will travel over to Can You Case It and see some of the beautiful designs the Design Team have posted this week. Don’t forget to play along. You have until March 6th to get your entry in.
Here’s you “B-ism” for today…
Hope your weekend has been awesome!
Get Inky…Be HaPpY!