Today’s post was also water colored like the pumpkin yesterday but turned upside down to create a hydrangea bloom in all their gorgeous colors.
Check yesterday’s post to see how to set up painting with reinker (ramblingrosestudio.com/pumpkin-spice/).
This and one other card were made for two new recruits to my team to congratulate them on the best decision they ever made…to become a demo! I wrote them a heartfelt welcoming note inside on a post it note so that the card could be reused is they wanted. These two have been coming to class for almost four years and have become dear friends to me.
Here’s their card…
Doesn’t that make a perfect hydrangea bloom? The difference between the painting of the pumpkin yesterday and today is the Clear Wink of Stella pen was used as the paint brush along with the reinker to give an all over glow to the bloom.
I took a close up hoping you would be able to see all the blingy shine…
It really is difficult to show in a photo…but it just glimmers.
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Water Color Paper, Thick Whisper White Cardstock and Copper Foil
- Ink: VersaMark, Perfect Plum, Sweet Sugar Plum, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, River Rock and Pear Pizazz
- Stamps: Thoughtful Branches and Floral Phrases (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Copper Embossing Powder, Linen Thread, Thoughtful Branches Thinlets and Copper Metallic Thread
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- The Copper Foil layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with multipurpose glue
- The top Whisper White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Stamp sentiment in VersaMark at lower right corner, add Copper EP and heat.
- Cut the leaves/stem and bloom from water color paper with coordinating Thinlets. Do not punch out of water color paper. Set up all your reinker colors. Spritz the water color paper with water so that the cut outs are damp. Use your Clear Wink of Stella Pen to add color. Be sure to shake and have the well full so that the glimmer will mix with the reinker as you use it. Start with your lightest color then go back and add some of the darker shade of that color. Let dry. At this point you could still add more Clear Wink of Stella if you wanted more glimmer.
- Decide where the center of your bloom will be on your card front and add a dollop of multipurpose glue. Make several loops of Copper Metallic Thread and add to this glue. All small amounts of glue to stem and bloom and add to card front.
- Make bow (video here) and attach to stem with glue dots.
- Inside there is a layer of Copper Foil 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ with a Whisper White layer 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
Personally I would send this card any season of the year, but it would be especially appropriate for spring.
Tomorrow let’s make a tree and a card to send in the summertime…be sure to stop by!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Buy new ones!
Get yourself inky…Be HaPpY!