I’m hoping you won’t mind another personal post…not quite like yesterday’s post but still a card of encouragement.
A week or so ago my grandson, Jameson, and his 8-year old team (Coached by my son, Jeff) won the baseball Florida State Championship. And a photo was snapped just after the game…
Now that’s a couple of happy baseball players!
Since Sweetums and I were not able to go that weekend, I designed a card just for Jameson to celebrate the championship and encourage him to keep working hard toward qualifying for the World Series…
Using the Custom Tee Stamp Set and Framelits I was able to create his team shirt almost to a “T”!
Glamour close up. The logo was hand drawn and a little tricky, but it turned out fine.
A side view…
and a peek inside where we wrote a note congratulating him and his team (and the coach too, of course) and encouraged him to keep working hard.
Everybody doesn’t play baseball, but I can see this set used for almost any sport. The problem is this set will only be available until May 31!
Here’s your Stuff ‘N Digit for this card…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Basic Black and Real Red Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Real Red and Pacific Point
- Stamps: Custom Tee, Thoughtful Banners
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Stitched Circle Framelits, T-Shirt Builder Framelits, Lucky Stars Embossing Folder
- The Real Red base card is 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Basic Black Layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to the card front with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Run through Big Shot with the Lucky Stars EF and attach to card front with SNAIL.
- Cut a Real Red circle and a Thick Whisper White stitched circle. Use the Real Red circle to draw light pencil lines on the Whisper White circle and then add stitches with Real Red marker. Add the Real Red circle center right with SNAIL. Add the Whisper White circle in top right corner with dimensionals.
- Cut Three T-shirts with framelit, one Real Red, one Basic Black and one Thick Whisper White. To recreate his baseball shirt I laid the Whisper White one on top of the Basic Black and trimmed away the sleeves then trimmed the Basic Black shirt sleeves so that they were just a smidge bigger. With multipurpose glue add the Basic Black to the Real Red shirt. The logo I hand drew and colored with markers. I drew the number in pencil first and went over it with a black Journal Pen. Then glue the Whisper White Shirt on top of the Basic Black. I used a the corner of a square punch to trim the neckline to a “V”. Add shirt to card front with dimensionals.
- The banner was stamped in Real Red. The sentiment was curved on the Acrylic Block to fit the curve of the banner and stamped. I hand cut this banner to cut around hanging letters and attached to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside the Basic Black layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ with a Whisper White layer on top that is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Stamp #1 in bottom right corner.
There MIGHT have been a small monetary gift inside…
It’s times like this I’m glad I’m a SU! Demo and have all the tools to make these special cards for all those special people in our lives.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
If you are inky…you must be HaPpY!