Now here’s a birthday card that’s nice, bright and cheerful, too!
Those colors are not for the faint of heart…actually we did this card in class last week and the girls seems to love it. Not any two looked the same…how does that happen?
Here’s some Stuff ‘N Digits for you so you can give it a try…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Mossy Meadow Cardstock
- Ink: Basic Black, Watermelon Wonder
- Stamps: Botanical Blooms, Gorgeous Grunge, Birthday Blooms (dots) and Rose Wonder (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Botanical Builder Thinlets Dies, Washi Tape and Corner Rounder Punch
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″. Round corners with Corner Rounder Punch.
- On the card front run a piece of Washi Tape from top to bottom on the left side about 1/3 in from edge. Stamp Gorgeous Grunge line and bar stamps from top to center and bottom to center on opposite sides of Washi Tape. Add dots in Basic Black and sentiment at bottom right of card front.
- Punch Watermelon Wonder flower, sponge edges and stamp dots with Watermelon Wonder. Add center stamens with Basic Black. Cut a Cucumber Crush and Mossy Meadow large and medium leaf. Add leaf veins with Basic Black. Glue leaves in place over Washi Tape then add bloom with dimensionals.
- Inside there is a 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ Cucumber Crush layer with a 3 3/8″ x 4 3/8″ layer of Whisper White with rounded corners. Add a stamped smaller bloom in Watermelon Wonder and a small leaf in Cucumber Crush plus some Basic Black dots here and there.
There you go…a nice colorful happy birthday for someone special….
I don’t want to say anything too loud…but I think maybe the spring weather is here…shhhhhh
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Great life lesson…”careful what you ask for”
Let’s get inky together…and Be HaPpY!