Yesterday I confessed the stencil paste was one of my favorite new products. The first card I made after my order arrived, I used the paste.
Today’s post uses the new stencils and paste again along with the colored pencils and the Birthday Blooms stamp set.
The paste was colored using the Crumb Cake reinker…
This glamour close up shows the “dew” made with fine tipped glue applicator…
And a side view. Do you love this ombré Lemon Lime Ribbon?
And a peek inside where I used the framelit sets to Colorful Season (branch) and Beautiful Bouquet (flowers)
So I’m in a REAL pickle…my electricity abruptly went off yesterday for two hours. When I came into the studio to begin posting, my computer was blank! I’ve tried everything I know to fix it with no success.
So for now I’ll have to try to post with my IPad and hope it goes well until we get this computer thing figured out…UGH!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for today’s card…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Lemon Lime Twist, Crumb Cake and Calypso Coral Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Crumb Cake
- Stamps: Birthday Blooms, Beautiful Bouquet (sentiments)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1/4″ Lemon Lime Twist Ombré Ribbon, Embossing Paste, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Palette Knives, Linen Thread, Seasonal Layers Framelits (branch) and Bouquet Bunch Framelits (flowers)
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- The Lemon Lime Twist layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Crumb Cake layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. The rose was stamped in lower left corner with Crumb Cake ink. Mix a small amount of paste with Crumb Cake reinker. Lay the stencil diagonally at top right corner and apply paste with knife. Let dry. Be sure to clean your stencil and knife right away.
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black at lower right corner.
- Using a white colored pencil, color all of the rose image. This will keep your colors bright. I used a light and dark shade of pink and the same for the green. I left some of the white pencil showing, Use two tones of a pretty blue to shadow the rose.
- Before adding this layer over the Lemon Lime Twist, attach a band of the Ombré Lemon Lime Ribbon at the top attached at back with SNAIL. Make several looped bow and tie center with Linen Thread. Attach with glue dots.
- Inside the Lemon Lime Twist layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL
- The Whisper White layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black at top left. Cut branch from Colorful Seasons Set in Lemon Lime Twist and add with multipurpose glue at an angle from mid left to lower right. Cut two sets of flowers from Calypso Coral CS. Cut one set in half and add to branch with multipurpose glue.
I hope you’ll give this paste a try. It’s priced reasonably for all the fun you can have with it.
As always, you can shop right here with me by clicking on the “Shop Now” star in the right colum and have these products at your door!
Here’s your “B–ism” for today…
Hope your day is inky and you are HaPpY!