This is unbelievable how cold it turned over night. It must be Mother Nature’s trick on Halloween. The high today is 40 degrees! The good thing…got to spend all day in my studio playing and catching up. Today I have a card that will be included in all my order bags for this month. Here you go…
Oh that Color Me Autumn Designer Series Paper…so pretty! Ran out of Blackberry Bliss ribbon so I “dyed” some white ribbon with a water spritzer and refill ink. The color is varied a little and I like it. The unusual oval shape was made with the Scallop Topper Punch that I found on Frenchie Martin’s blog.
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White, Mossy Meadow and Blackberry Bliss cardstock plus Color Me Autumn DSP
- Ink: Mossy Meadow and Blackberry Bliss
- Stamps: Big News
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Scallop Topper Punch, Ovals Framelits, ribbon (Blackberry Bliss)
- The base Whisper White card is 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″ turned horizontally
- The Mossy Meadow layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The Blackberry Bliss oval was cut first at 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and slipped into the Scallop Topper Punch on the long side. The place the oval framelit on top of this piece with the scallop top over the framelit so it won’t get cut. This is a pretty layering piece for a small oval. There is only one oval framelit that would fit on the card front without going over the edges.
- Stamp your Whisper White cardstock with the stamp and cut out with the next smaller oval framelit.
- Attach these two pieces together and add to the card front with dimensionals.
- Finish out the inside of the card with the “thank you” and heart that go with this stamp set.
- Don’t forget to identify your artwork with a personalized stamp on the back and coordinate an envelope. It’s why we stamp and make our own cards…right?
Once the ideas was there and the first card was done…the rest that followed went fairly quickly. I hope they like it. Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”Positive thinking won’t let you do anything…but it will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.”…Zig Ziglar After dyeing that ribbon you better believe I’m inky…and HaPpY!