This week I am guest designer for Can You Case It #44 which is a color challenge using Very Vanilla, Mossy Meadow and Blackberry Bliss….a great color combo. There was no hesitation for me, I jumped right in and this is what I came up with…
There was no limit on layers (yippee!) so this card is layered up. Lots of texture, great color combo, three-dimensional and of course some linen thread. You have plenty of time to jump in on this challenge this week so come on over and play along.
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card…
- Paper: Very Vanilla, Mossy Meadow and Blackberry Bliss cardstock.
- Ink: Mossy Meadow and Blackberry Bliss
- Stamps: Wondrous Wreath and Four Feathers
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Embossing Folders Decorative Dots, Northern Flurry and two that are retired but are easily substituted. Wondrous Wreath Framelits, Four Feathers Framelits and Linen Thread (of course!)
- The base card of Very Vanilla is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- The Blackberry Bliss layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- The Mossy Meadow panels measure 2 1/4″ x 1 3/4″
- The Very Vanilla panels measure 2 1/8″ x 1 5/8″
- Run all four Very Vanilla panels through the Big Shot with any embossing folder you like.
- Attach the Blackberry Bliss layer to the card front
- Attach a Very Vanilla panel to a Mossy Meadow panel and then with dimensionals attach each of the four panels to the card front
- Stamp the Wondrous Wreath with Mossy Meadow (stamped off for the base stamp) and full strength for the second stamp and Blackberry Bliss for the berries. Be sure to align all stamp tabs in the same direction.
- Run this stamped piece through the Big Shot with the Wondrous Wreath Framelit with the tabs aligned like the stamps.
- Attach the wreath to the center of the card front with dimensionals
- Stamp three Blackberry Bliss feathers (one goes inside) and cut out with framelits plus one extra Very Vanilla feather that you emboss for texture.
- Attach feathers with glue dots and Linen Thread bow with glue dots.
Here’s a shot of the inside of the card…
Before sending this card out I would probably add a feather to the envelope and maybe texture to the envelope flap. Why not? Make it as special as possible.
Check out all the other great cards on Can You Case It this week…you will be glad you did.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Ahhh….yes, but how big is that cookie?
Inky fingers make you HaPpY!