One of my favorite things to do is meet a friend at the coffee shop for hot coffee and a long chat. This happens often!
So today I toast my coffee buds with this post…
I’d like to mention these coffee cups were painted with dried up coffee!
A glamour close up…
Lots of layers and texture.
and a peek inside…
It took forever for the coffee to dry up so that these cups could be “painted” with coffee. But you don’t have to use coffee, the lids were stamped off in Crumb Cake and look just fine. I would also mention the sentiment. I cut the stamp in half! Oh my lordy…did you pass out? It can easily be put together on an acrylic block and look just fine…not to worry.
So if you’d like to make this card…let’s get started!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Soft Sky, Early Espresso, Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus Coffee Break Designer Series Paper and water color paper
- Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
- Stamps: Coffee Cafe
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 3/8″ Classic Weave Soft Sky Ribbon, Linen Thread, Corrugated Elements, Itty Bitty Flower Punch, Coffee Cup Framelits
- The Soft Sky base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Early Espresso layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″
- The DSP layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″ attached to Early Espresso layer with SNAIL.
- The Coffee Ring DSP layer is 1-1/4″ x 5″ attached to bottom of DSP layer with SNAIL.
- Cut a piece of Soft Sky Ribbon and attach at back with SNAIL.
- Make a bow with several loops tying center with Linen Thread and attach to left side with glue dots.
- Stamp two cups on water color paper in stamped off Crumb Cake. Add sentiments in Early Espresso. Cut out cup with Coffee Cups Framelits. Tie Linen Thread around tops of cups. Add corrugated hearts with dimensionals. Punch four Itty Bitty flowers in Powder Pink. Add dimension to each by pushing the smooth end of paper piercer in centers while on foam mat. Attach together with glue dots and to card front over hearts with glue dots. Add cups at an angle to right side of card front with dimensionals.
- The lids were stamped in Crumb Cake on water color paper and smoothed with a brush and water. Once dry, coat with Thin Tipped Glue and let dry. Once dry add to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside the Early Espresso layer is 4-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ attached with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4-5/8″ x 3-5/8″ attached with SNAIL
- The DSP strip is 1/2″ x 4-5/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- Cut coffee beans from DSP and attach with SNAIL.
This card is a favorite for me not just because I’m a coffee addict/lover, but also the soft colors and dimension. Love this DSP!
Hope your Wednesday will be awesome…make sure!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!