Here it is Memorial Day Weekend and what am I doing posting a Christmas card? I may have set a record for myself!
While working with this At Home With You Bundle, I couldn’t resist the Christmas decorations…you don’t mind, do you? Maybe it will make you feel cooler.
Here’s the door…
Isn’t that a HaPpY door?
So this door is grey. We’ve had a red and a blue door so far. I tried to emulate stucco with the water color paper in the background.
Side view. Lanterns, wreath, garland and package are all popped up with dimensionals.
And a peek inside.
There may be some other stamping peeps out there who will try this Christmas card in May…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Smoky Slate, Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus water color paper.
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Real Red, Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive, Smoky Slate and Daffodil Delight
- Stamps: At Home With You
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: At Home Framelits, small round paint brush
- The Smoky Slate base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The water color paper is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Starting 1″ from the bottom, wet the water color paper. Using a small round brush, drop Smoky Slate reinker into water and randomly brush the ink. On the bottom 1″ after the top has dried, wet this area and drop Smoky Slate and Soft Suede. After this dries, used the edge of a Basic Black Ink Dot and swipe across this 1″ area for dimension. Add this layer to card front with multipurpose glue.
- On Thick Whisper White CS stamp door in Archival Basic Black Ink. Let dry. Add reinker to Smoky Slate ink pad lid and paint just the door. Use marker to trim around door and windows and door handle. Cut out door with framelit and add to card front with multipurpose glue.
- On scrap water color paper stamp garland, two lanterns, wreath, welcome mat and two presents. Color all pieces with brush or marker then cut out with framelits.
- Add all these pieces with dimensionals except the mat (use multipurpose glue)
- Inside the Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Add sentiment in Archival Basic Black and second gift with dimensional or SNAIL.
I’m just proud as a peacock to have made a Christmas card in May…this has to be a first!!!
Hope you have wonderful plans for your Memorial Day Weekend which will include a quiet remembrance for those who have passed while serving our country.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…Be HaPpY!