If you’ve stopped by each day this week, you might remember how excited I was the first of the week to show you this week’s projects. I hope you weren’t disappointed and have maybe seen some things to inspire you in your creative journey.
Today’s post is one of my favorites…
Do you like it? This came out exactly as I have envisioned and then some. This time I was more conservative with the snow and it was dry in a few hours unlike the Rusty Truck from a day or so ago. And I just love the grey tones with just that pop of color with the Christmas wreath.
The Stuff ‘N Digits are every so similar to the Rusty Truck but I’ll repeat them here just in case you missed that one (you can scroll down a page or two and see that one)…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Basic Grey and Smoky Slate Cardstock
- Ink: Old Olive, Basic Black, Smokey Slate and Basic Grey and VersaMark, Craft White Ink
- Stamps: Country Livin’ (truck), Thoughtful Branches (trees), Holly Berry Happiness (sentiment), Santa’s Sleigh (wreath), Gorgeous Grundge splat stamp (snow)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Real Red Candy Dots, Santa’s Sleigh Thinlits Dies, White Embossing Powder, Aqua Painter
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Basic Grey layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Smoky Slate layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″. Stamp truck image on post it note, “fussy cute” to use as a mask. Stamp truck in Basic Black on Smoky Slate and cover with mask. Stamp trees in Basic Black and remove mask. Color truck with Aqua Painter and Smoky Slate reinker in stamp pad lid. Color wood and tires with Basic Grey. Using a small round paint brush add Craft White Ink from bottom of truck to foreground. Add a little extra around base of truck and wheel. Add to truck where snow might mound. Add to some of the tree branches. With Gorgeous Grunge splat stamp add snow in VersaMark and sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat. What do you think? Are you liking it?
- Let’s make that little wreath for the front of the truck. Stamp the wreath from Santa’s Sleigh in Old Olive on scrap Whisper White and cut out with coordinating thinlit. Make a slice in the wreath. Add a glue dot to the back of one side where slit is and to the front side opposite. Over lay edges making the wreath smaller. Add Real Red Candy Dots or Basic Pearls painted with permanent red ink. Cut small pieces of dimensionals for the back and add to truck grill.
- Can you stand it? Now add this to the front of your card with SNAIL.
- Inside there is a layer of Basic Grey 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ with a layer of Whisper White 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ on top.
I’m so glad you stopped by today. With all the political news today I’m sure the whole world has gone upside down!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’m pretty sure stampers could run this world without all the drama.
Me? I’m perfectly HaPpY and inky!