This might be it!…I mean I’ve been looking for a card for friends in my little neighborhood and I think this one is it. This is the Holiday Home set and it seems perfect for friends who live in your neighborhood.
Here’s the card…
Ideally I like to keep my cards flat, so I may delete the silver pearls or find a replacement for them. I colored them with my lightest gray Blendability Pen and they look silver. Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Pool Party and Whisper White cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.
- Ink: Old Olive, Real Red, Lost Lagoon, Smoky Slate and Mossy Meadow
- Stamps: Holiday Home
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1/8″ Silver Ribbon, Pearls and Holiday Home framelits
- The Pool Party base card was cut 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″
- The Whisper White “snow” layer was cut 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- The Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper was cut 5 1/2″ x 2″
- The two layers were hand cut at the same time. Then I glued the glimmer paper to the back of the Whisper White cardstock offset toward the top.
- Glue both layers to the card front. Stamp the two trees in Old Olive and the flying Santa with Lost Lagoon.
- On scrap Whisper White cardstock stamp one house in Smoky Slate, one in Lost Lagoon and one in Old Olive and cut out each house with framelits
- Add the Christmas lights to the smaller house stamped in Lost Lagoon. Add the wreath to the Old Olive tall thin house with Mossy Meadow and color in dots with Real Red marker
- Stamp a Real Red heart on scrap Whisper White cardstock and one evergreen tree in Old Olive and fussy cut.
- Add the Real Red heart to the front of the Smoky Slate house with a dimensional.
- Add the evergreen tree next to the stamped tree with dimensional.
- Stamp the roof of each house on the back of a piece of the glimmer paper and cut out just the portion you want to use for snow on the roof. Glue with Tomboy glue
- Color pearls with lightest Smoky Slate Blendability Pen
- Add sentiment with Memento Black ink.
- Inside this card I have a 3 1/2 x 4 1/2″ Whisper White layer with the tall Old Olive house with the wreath stamped on it plus the sentiment Merry Christmas.
- Also, coordinated the envelope with the same stamped house image on the lower left corner.
The new Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper is just beautiful! I like it so much better for snow. You’ll have to give this a try…I know you will love it.
Hope you are inspired to give this card or something similar a try. Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Here is your “B-ism” for today…”If you stumble, make it part of the dance.”
I’m inky….yep, I’m sure HaPpY!