The inspiration for this card was one I saw by Pamela Stoner and I knew I had to give it a try. This Hearth and Home Thinlet is my favorite new product. You can do so much with it and I plan to play (work) with it so much more.
Here’s the panel card…
And a close up of the front…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits so you can make one too…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Real Red 12″ cardstock and Home for Christmas DSP
- Ink: Old Olive, Real Red and Memento Black
- Stamps: Festive Fireplace
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Hearth and Home Thinlets Die, Home for Christmas Designer Buttons, Window Sheets, Gold Cording, Basic Rhinestones, Stars Border, and Decorative Punch
- Cut the 12″ cardstock 5 1/2″ x 12″, score at 3″, 6″ and 9″. Punch the top with Stars border punch and the bottom with the Decorative punch.
- Cut four This Whisper White panels 2 3/4″ x 3 1/2″. Attach to each of four panels with adhesive.
- With the Hearts and Home Thinlets Die cut four windows from Thick Whisper White cardstock.
- Cut four window sheet panels 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ attaching to inside window frame with glue dots.
- Cut four pieces of DSP 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″.
- Front panel stamp in Old Olive trees in background. Fussy cut Santa from Home for Christmas DSP and add to DSP panel you stamped the trees on with adhesive. Add this layer to back of window frame and sheet with glue dots. Add combined window layers to front panel of card with dimensionals. Add Home for Christmas poinsettia with Gold Cording to window frame with glue dot.
- Second panel…Stamp and “fussy cut” stockings adding to DSP layer. Add Window frame, window sheet and DSP as for front then add to second panel. Stamp and “fussy cut” holly for top left corner of window. Fussy cut deer and add to front of window frame.
- Third panel…Fussy cut tree and add to DSP layer for background. Assemble same as other two layers. Fussy cut packages and add to front of window pane with glue dots and dimensionals.
- Fourth panel… Stamp and cut with Festive Fireside Framelit the wreath in Old Olive. Add rhinestones and bow stamped in Real Red. Stamp sentiment and “hang” wreath to finish.
There are lots of steps to this one, but they go faster than you’d think once all the paper is cut. And, it is so much fun to decorate the windows. I’d like to try this one with a Pool Party panel, but I didn’t have any 12″ cardstock in that color. Next order!
Hope you enjoyed today’s post. Be sure and stop back by…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Make your own…
Let’s get inky together…and Be HaPpY!