Red and Green are the most traditional Christmas colors, but sometimes it’s fun to travel to the cool side of the color wheel.
Today I have recreated some of my favorite Designer Series Paper (Serene Scenery). Do you have this DSP or have you seen it? I loved the Pool Party woodgrain design. Seriously, I hoarded all four pieces and made cards for special people.
But I’ve come up with a reasonable copy…
Not exactly the same, but I like it just as much. Here’s the inside of this card…
What do you think? Would you like to try this background? It could be created in any color you like…Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Soft Sky Cardstock plus Silver Foil
- Ink: Pool Party, Smoky Slate
- Stamps: Woodgrain (background), Gorgeous Grunge (splats), Timeless Textures (shaded border) and Christmas Pines
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, 1/2″ Pool Party Seam Binding (retired), Pretty Pines Thinlits, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and Adhesive Strips
- The Soft Sky base card is 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″
- The first Soft Sky layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Load woodgrain background stamp with Smoky Slate and stamp. Stamp shaded border from Timeless Textures in Smoky Slate around all edges. Stamp “splats” from Gorgeous Grunge in Pool Party all over the layer. Rough up all edges. I have a tool for this SU! used to carry, but you can scrape the edges against your scissor blade or use your fingernails. Add this layer to card front with Multipurpose Glue.
- The top layer background is the same as the previous layer. Cut two pine cones and three pine boughs from Silver Foil. Cut berries from Dazzling Diamond Glimmer Paper. Add pine boughs and berries to top left corner with Multipurpose Glue. Loop ribbon three times each side and tie off in center with Linen Thread. Add at top of pine cones with Glue Dots. Add to card front with Adhesive Strips.
- Stamp decorative banner on Soft Sky scrap in Smoky Slate. Stamp sentiment in Pool Party. Stamp Gorgeous Grunge “splat” in Pool Party over all. Fussy cut and add to bottom of card front with dimensionals.
- Inside there is a Thick Whisper White layer 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″. Add piece of Seam Binding with SNAIL at top of layer. Cut one pine cone and one pine bough from Silver Foil. Tie a knot of Linen Thread over Seam Binding. Add pine cone and bough with Multipurpose Glue just underneath thread.
Do you like the background? The one thing I couldn’t reproduce is the plank effect. I need to work on that…
This weekend I have classes and I’m really excited about our projects. This will be my first classes since the Holiday Catalog was released. It was hard deciding what to make!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Because you are you know…
Come get inky with me and be HaPpY!