Let’s face it…there are some people you want to give a gift card to for Christmas for so many reasons. I’ll just say anyone over 11 or twelve can be a challenge…male or female.
Here’s an excellent solution to that problem for you, especially if that person is a coffee drinker…
A handmade gift card holder that works for male or female…
A close up showing the “ombre” effect on the sentiment.
Here’s a close up of the card holder just behind the card front.
Inside card close up.
If you have those on your list you are planning to give a gift card to, here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits so you can make them feel extra special by including a handmade card just for them…
- Paper: Pear Pizazz, Soft Sky, Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus Coffee Break Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Pear Pizazz, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Almost Navy, Real Red and Early Espresso
- Stamps: Coffee Café and Merry Cafe
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Pretty Label Punch, Coffee Cups Framelits, Card Front Builder (holly leaves), small hole punch (berries), Ribbon (my seam binding ribbon is retired), 1-1/4″ Circle Punch
- The Soft Sky base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score on the long edge at 2-3/4″ and 5-1/2″. Fold and burnish with bone folder.
- The Pear Pizazz layer inside the card is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
- The vertical piece of DSP is 1: x 4″ attached with SNAIL.
- Punch one Soft Sky and one Thick Whisper White label with Pretty Label Punch.
- Cut the Soft Sky label in half and attach to back of Thick Whisper White layer with SNAIL. Add over 1″ DSP with dimensionals.
- Stamp on scrap Thick Whisper White small cup in Pear Pizazz.
- With framelits cut the small cup, two sets of Pear Pizazz leaves. Punch six Real Red “berries”.
- Add leaves behind Pretty Label at top and bottom with glue dots.
- Add “berries” at top right with multipurpose glue.
- Add small cup to label with dimensionals.
- Fold 2-3/4″ panel to the inside of the card. Add a piece of DSP 2-1/2″ x 3-3/4″ with SNAIL. Punch edge with 1-1/4″ circle punch.
- On the front panel add a piece of DSP 2-1/2″ x 3-3/4″ with SNAIL.
- Tie ribbon around this panel in a knot bow.
- Stamp cup, lid and cup sleeve on scrap Thick Whisper White Cardstock in Early Espresso. Cut out with framelits. Cut out lid stir piece from Pear Pizazz.
- Glue lid to Cup with multipurpose glue. Add stir piece with glue dots.
- Stamp sentiment on sleeve. Use markers to color the word “Christmas” in Soft Sky then add just at the bottom Almost Navy. Color the word “Cheer” in Pear Pizazz and add Old Olive at just the bottom. Huff on your stamp really well and stamp. Add sleeve to cup with SNAIL.
- Add holly and berries to top and bottom of sleeve.
- Add cup to front panel with dimensionals.
This particular gift card holder would work for male or female and especially if they are coffee drinkers. Look at your DSP and make several of these. You know they will come in handy!
Hope you are having a great start to your week even with the news this morning from Las Vegas.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!