This stamp set has been in this studio for…I don’t know…maybe two months without seeing ink! How did that happen? I mean this is a great image to work with…
See what I mean? Cardinals are one of my favorite birds to watch. Love how they sit in front of the window looking at themselves and preening. We had one last summer who fought with himself in the window over and over…hysterical!
Love how this card turned out with a little different twist for the background. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Real Red cardstock
- Ink: Early Expresso, Real Red, Crumb Cake and Pool Party
- Stamps: Joyful Seasons and Your Presents (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Dazzling Diamonds, Two-Way Glue, Painter’s Tape, Aqua Painter and 1/8″ Stripped Ribbon
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Real Red layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ attached to the card front with adhesive
- The top layer is Thick Whisper White 4″ x 5 1/4″. Add painter’s tape to the left side and bottom. Using a sponge add Pool Party for background and splatter Early Expresso with Aqua Painter before removing painter’s tape.
- Remove tape and stamp branch in Crumb Cake and Early Expresso and berries in Real Red.. Add bird body in Real Red and lightly move ink around with Aqua Painter. Then add second bird stamp for outline.
- Stamp sentiment at bottom with Early Expresso and stripped ribbon before attaching to Real Red layer.
- With Two-Way Glue Pen add Dazzling Diamonds to each berry.
- Inside I have a Real Red layer with a Whisper White over layer with one of the messages in this set.
This set will see a lot more use all year long because I just love cardinals. I can see him sitting on a spring branch of flowers, can’t you?
Thanks so much for stopping by today and a special thanks to all of you who write to me in the comments section. I love hearing from you!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Oh this is a favorite…
I’m so inky…are you? Be HaPpY!