If you were planning to make a stamped Christmas card, the Country Livin’ set probably wouldn’t be your first choice…
But the contradiction of old beat up cowboy boots and glittery decorations can make an interesting combination….
Concentrating on catching the sparkle in the tree decorations, I neglected to notice the shadows across the card until cropping this photo. And I decided I liked the shadows for the dramatic effect they lend to the shot. To offset the well-worn boots, I used Clear Wink of Stella on the decorations and gold twine for the lasso rope.
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Soft Suede and Rich Razzleberry Cardstock plus water color paper
- Ink: Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake and Archival Black
- Stamps: Country Livin’, Jar of Cheer and Hang Your Stocking (sentiment) and Gorgeous Grunge (splats)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Clear Wink of Stella, Gold Baker’s Twine, Seasonal Decorative Masks, Aqua Painter
- The Crumb Cake base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Rich Razzleberry layer is 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Soft Suede layer is 5-1/4″ x 4″ attached to Rich Razzleberry layer with SNAIL
- The Very Vanilla layer is 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″. With dotted mask add Rich Razzleberry with sponge lightly toward the center right. Add splats with Soft Suede and sentiment in Rich Razzleberry at top left. Attach to Soft Suede layer with SNAIL.
- Stamp boots and decorations on water color scrap with Archival Black ink. Paint boots with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede and “fussy cut”. Add to card front with double dimensionals. Paint decorations and cut (I used Old Olive, Real Red, Pacific Point and Rich Razzleberry) Add Clear Wink of Stella to all. Add to card front with single dimensionals at top of boots and lower right corner. Make a loop with Gold Baker’s twine and add to card front with glue dots.
Once again I think the elegant decorations and well-worn boots are a perfect match! Love those boots!
Having attended the SU! OnStage event this last weekend, demonstrators had three days to order some of the merchandise from the new Occasions Catalog. I got everything! I just couldn’t help it. You will not believe the new products and the “freebies” too! It will be next week before my order arrives, but I’ll share with you soon after…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
But we can always be inky…and HaPpY!