The Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper is adorable. I think its been used in almost every project this week but used in a different way each time.
Today’s post involves a little “fussy cutting”, but well worth the time. Look at this birdhouse…
cute, right! You could leave off the candy canes if you wanted to keep it simple. Here’s a peek inside…
Plenty of room for your personal holiday wishes. Didn’t get a picture of the envelope, but the flap was embossed with Gently Falling EF too.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Early Espresso and Thick Whisper White Cardstock plus Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Basic Black and Real Red
- Stamps: Christmas Magic
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Tiny Tag Punch (retired), Thoughtful Branches Thinlits, Cupcake Punch, Gently Falling Embossing Folder
- The Crumb Cake base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″.
- The Real Red layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″ embossed with Gently Falling EF and attached to Real Red layer with SNAIL
- Fussy cut the smaller of the two birdhouses from Candy Cane Lane DSP. Add dimensionals to back. Cut a piece of Early Espresso Cardstock 1/8″ x 2-1/2″. Attach to center of Thick Whisper White layers with multipurpose glue. Add birdhouse to top.
- Punch cupcake bottom from Early Espresso and attach dimensionals to back. Add at bottom of birdhouse “pole”.
- Cut smaller of two bow thinlits in Thoughtful Branches and attach to pole with glue dot.
- Stamp sentiment and punch. Also punch out a Real Red tag. Attach with glue dots.
- Cut our red bird with Thoughtful Branches bird thinlet and attach with glue dot.
- Inside there is a 4-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ Real Red Layer with a 4-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ Whisper White layer on top. Cut out second red bird and attach at bottom with glue dot. Add sentiment at top with Real Red INk.
- Emboss envelope flap with Gently Falling EF by folding the flap only inside the EF.
In my efforts to be ready for my team and the OnStage event in Atlanta next week….eeeeek! I have finished my swaps for the WCMD2016-Atlanta (a Brian King event) and my shoebox swap for ten. Oh happy day! Now my pillow gifts for my team need some work and then swaps for the main event on Saturday haven’t even been started….goodness! Plenty to do this weekend and maybe through Monday.
I do have great projects planned for my blog next week, including another three calendar pages which have surprised me how popular they are. Many of you must be planning to stamp calendars for Christmas gifts!
You have a wonderful weekend and I’ll talk to you again on Monday as I don’t post on Sunday.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me and be HaPpY!